“Not good enough!”

Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Kiama
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2015

We are locals and it's a shame this restaurant is not good enough.It was a very hot day, The white wine we ordered was warm, we had to ask for some ice. The.meals were very ordinary. We had Pork fillets with a dipping sauce from a bottle. Well overdone and dry. The Barramundi passed with a push.
Also way too overpriced. We definitely won't be recommending. That is not Vietnamese cuisine.

2  Thank 834Shirley
mark f, Owner at Hanoi on Manning, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

I very sorry you were unhappy with your experience at Hanoi on Manning, we don't think we are overpriced when compared to other eateries in town and feel your one star rating was rather unfair. ps what on earth does being "A LOCAL" have anything to do with your review?

Reviewed 14 November 2015

OK, the rating given is because my wife's food was great and mine was, lets say, ordinary. I ordered the scallops. The sauce was mild and subtle which would have enhanced the flavour of a well cooked scallop. We will leave it at that.

My wife had a mixed seafood plate which was outstanding. Sauce complimented the seafood and vegetables well anf was very easy to eat.

The restaurant was fully booked on the night but we arrived well before the crowds. Perhaps my dish was just bad luck.

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

We eat a lot of Vietnamese in Sydney and we ate at "Hanoi on Manning" on Sunday night and the meal and service was so good that we returned the next night. My wife and I have eaten at a lot of Vietnamese restaurants and this one ranks with the best. Try the Vietnamese pancake and the calamari fish cakes . Excellent

1  Thank Kevin_C701
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

We came to Kiama for a short visit and decided to give this Vietnamese restaurant a try. I had the combination broken rice which was very nice but I wish they actually used the broken rice instead of normal rice.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Atmosphere was good. I saw someone else being served the chicken stir fry served on a bed of crispy noodles. It looked fantastic so I decided to try it. The dish itself was tasty. The first bite of chicken was so hot it blistered my mouth. I guess I should have checked the temperature. However the main issue was the volume of crispy noodles. Far too much to eat and once they interacted with the sauce they went soggy and tasted like oily noodles. About 1/4 the quantity of noodles might not have presented as well but would have delivered a far better balanced dish.

Date of visit: October 2015