Lowest prices for your stay
AU$407
Get rewarded with One Key
AU$448
Fully refundable before Sun, 3 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews tapas beautiful hotel spacious room central courtyard middle of town highly recommend staying here the banana bread food shops outdoor area relaxing stay in a beautiful water fountain warmer months gold star great place to stay both mornings easy access stayed for two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2023

Wildes offers a complete transformation of the old Kangaroo Valley Motel. It's wonderful. They've even put in a lift from the underground car park. Our room is very spacious. The kitchen serves up wonderful food and the staff are lovely.

Room tip: Wildes is the perfect spot to start exploring the Southern Highlands
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 24 October 2023

As a gift for my 50th birthday, my Mum paid for me and my partner to stay for two nights at Wildes Boutique Hotel in Kangaroo Valley. We stayed in Room 22 on October 6 and 7.

The room was large, clean and well-appointed. However, the bed was so soft, we both had sore backs both mornings and had to do an hour of stretching to get our backs right again.

Out of desperation for a good nights sleep, I decided to sleep on the sofa bed on the second night, but the mattress was so thin that the supporting bar dug into my back. As a last resort, we took the cushions off the sofa, put them on the floor and used one of the sheets and doonas from the bed to create a makeshift bed on the floor.

I know my Mum would be extremely disappointed if I told her that the $430 per night she spent on our accommodation/breakfasts involved me sleeping on cushions on the floor.

I do understand you can’t please all the people all the time, but when I suggested to the concierge Julia that she might consider sitting on the bed herself to see how soft it was, she said no one had commented or made a complaint before. I find this hard to believe. That bed was like a soft sponge.

Although we ate terrific food in the restaurant and found the ambience in the courtyard area lovely, I would find it difficult recommending Wildes to friends or family, given the poor sleep we had in that bed (Julia told me all the mattresses were the same and were bought at the same time).

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 7 October 2023

What a beautiful place! The rooms are modern and a great size with everything you need. Cath at the front desk was so helpful when my dress for a wedding got damaged and she spent ages helping me fix it. The young man in the restaurant was also very friendly and gave great service. We will definitely be back:

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2023

This is the 4th time my partner and I have stayed at Wildes. Our previous stays have been a fantastic and very positive experience, however this time around it was somewhat disappointing. The room decor was aesthetically pleasing, room location was great, the bed was very comfortable, and surprisingly I found a super comfy pillow (normally bring my own). Breakfast was included with our stay, although a limited menu the food was very good. The restaurant needs improvement and I believe they would benefit from not only more staff but having a Manager to oversee and ensure the restaurant runs smoothly, and that customer service was top priority as this was sadly lacking. Staff were for the most part friendly, but seemed unhappy, unhelpful, and unapproachable. In addition, upon check in the elevator was working which was perfect as our room was located on level 1 right next to the lift. But as the elevator had not been fixed upon check out my partner and I had to carry our luggage down 2-3 flights of stairs! In addition, no signs were displayed advising guests the elevator was in fact out of order. My partner and I have already booked to stay over the New Year period, but I must admit I'm having second thoughts as the restaurant really lets Wildes down. I'm aware Wildes is under new management, so perhaps the current owners should take some tips from the previous owners as they had not only the right number of staff but staff that were customer focused, happy, friendly, approachable, accommodating, helpful and provided excellent customer service.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 3 September 2023

Really lovely stay. Accomodation was neat & comfortable with beautiful surrounds. Breakfast, coffees & dinners were great. Highly recommend. We are planning on returning g with a larger family group.

Date of stay: August 2023