“When the crowd was wrong.”
Review of 5 Little Pigs

5 Little Pigs
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Huskisson
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The usual rule of thumb is eat where the crowds are. After reading the reviews for 5 little pigs and seeing the crowds of customers lining up to get inside this place. We decided we had to try it out. The place was packed. We ended up sharing a table with another couple. Once seated it wasn't long before a very distracted staff member came to take our order. Simple enough order, the big brekky for me, fruit toast with jam no butter. 2 lge skim milk coffees. We waited what seemed to be a very long time for our coffees, then almost as soon as we received our coffees our food arrived. Toast with butter no jam??? Excuse me! When we finally did get some ones attention the butter was snatched away and a very very small bowl of jam arrived. The Coffee was cold. Why won't cafe's use coffee thermometers??? If the reaction with the jam was any guide to go on we weren't game to complain about the coffees. A bad coffee usually triggers a bad response. I didn't say anythings as we left as this place is so busy they wouldn't even notice us never coming back. Some friendly competent service is all that is required. Sorry 5 Little Pigs is off our list.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place accommodates a group of 8 of us even though they were very busy. Coffee and breakfast were excellent. Judging by how crowded this place was it is a local favourite.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came across 5 little pigs when walking. Popped in. Coffee took quite a while to come and had to ask. We ordered granola and bacon and egg roll. Both delicious. Would eat here again.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My hubby had the buttermilk pancakes, which he delighted in. The Big Pig breakfast consisted of eggs cooked to your liking (I had the wonderfully fluffy scrambled eggs) on sourdough bread, with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and bacon. Enjoyed with a cappuccino to wash it down. Breakfast lasted me well into the afternoon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately we did not have a good experience today. The food, when it arrived was great, but it took over 40 minutes to arrive and other tables were served before us. I think our order was probably ‘lost’ or ‘misplaced’ but when I asked 3 staff to check on our food, none of them came back to me with an update. We then had to rush our food as we were catching a ferry.