All reviews undercover parking free wifi the pub an overnight stay stayed here lovely owners hot water comfy bed tea and coffee electric blankets garage unit meals highway bonus motel sydney
Reviewed 15 June 2016

By chance found the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Skye Motel in Holbrook. It is everything all the Travellers say about it. Very quiet rooms, no noise from passing traffice or other guests coming or going, great comfortable bed and undercover parking for your car next to your motel room. The Holbrook Hotel is located right next door for an evening meal at a reasonable price, which was great as it was a cold rainy night. No breakfast provided, but having read that, I took some bread and butter with me as there was a toaster in the room, problem solved. However there are a good many places to have a full breakfast in Holbrook, if that is your thing.
We will definately be staying there again on our way to Canberra. As I said "It is a great find"

Room tip: All the info about the Motel can be seen on Google
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen C, Owner at Holbrook Skye Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Hi Margaret,
Thank you so much for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again on the next trip through. We are looking into continental breakfasts for the motel and hope to be able to supply breakfast in the future.

Cheers
Steve

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is my second time staying here and I recommend as value for money. My must-haves are: good quality bed, free and fast wifi, strong shower water pressure, clean and quiet. All these are well met at Skye Motel in their spacious rooms and well-kept family run motel.

Room tip: All rooms are separated by a garage so very quiet.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JillyB5598
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I have stayed here many times on my way to and from Sydney. The greeting has always been welcoming and the rooms clean.
More important is the noise. There is non. The rooms are well away from road noise. There is undercover parking between each of the rooms, so I have never heard the neighbors.
And there is free WIFI.
Altogether a great place to break the journey.

Room tip: No Need. They are all good
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lynne C
Reviewed 8 April 2016

My wife and I stayed here for just one night last month.
We were travelling interstate and this was about the half way point of our journey.
Its very quiet in the town, since the highway now by-passes it. But this hotel would have been quiet even when the highway was right outside.
It has heavy masonery walls and each unit is separated from the one next door by an enclosed carport.
The spacious, well equipped rooms are spotless, obviously well cared for and the bed was SUPER comfortable.
There are many eateries in Holbrook. Just around the corner is the RSL club offering good meals, although we chose to eat a fantastic "truckies style" meal at the truckstop on the northern end of town.
Would I stay here again?
If I need to stay in Holbrook.....Most definitely.

Room tip: As far as I can see, all thye rooms would be good.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMoruya2
Reviewed 19 January 2016

This motel has been run by the same family since it was first built over 40 years ago. The rooms are big and clean and up to date. One can tell that the proprietors know their business and care.

Each room has an enclosed car port to protect the cars and also to allow car access in bad weather.

Air conditioned rooms for summer cool and winter warmth

Holbrook is about half way between Sydney and Melbourne - a good place to break the journey - especially if a late departure from Sydney or Melbourne. Since the bypass opened, it is a quiet town

AND you have the opportunity to see the full-size submarine and associated museum.

Holbrook has an interesting history.

This motel is great value and you feel wanted and appreciated.

A must!

Room tip: No pool, but lots of protected space for families to play safely
Date of stay: July 2015