All reviews undercover parking free wifi great amenities slept very soundly summer heat an overnight stay friendly owners the pub definitely stay here again stayed here hot water tea and coffee electric blankets garage unit beds bonus
Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is my second time staying here and I recommend as value for money. My must-haves are: good quality bed, free and fast wifi, strong shower water pressure, clean and quiet. All these are well met at Skye Motel in their spacious rooms and well-kept family run motel.

Room Tip: All rooms are separated by a garage so very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JillyB5598
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I have stayed here many times on my way to and from Sydney. The greeting has always been welcoming and the rooms clean.
More important is the noise. There is non. The rooms are well away from road noise. There is undercover parking between each of the rooms, so I have never heard the neighbors.
And there is free WIFI.
Altogether a great place to break the journey.

Room Tip: No Need. They are all good
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynne C
Reviewed 8 April 2016

My wife and I stayed here for just one night last month.
We were travelling interstate and this was about the half way point of our journey.
Its very quiet in the town, since the highway now by-passes it. But this hotel would have been quiet even when the highway was right outside.
It has heavy masonery walls and each unit is separated from the one next door by an enclosed carport.
The spacious, well equipped rooms are spotless, obviously well cared for and the bed was SUPER comfortable.
There are many eateries in Holbrook. Just around the corner is the RSL club offering good meals, although we chose to eat a fantastic "truckies style" meal at the truckstop on the northern end of town.
Would I stay here again?
If I need to stay in Holbrook.....Most definitely.

Room Tip: As far as I can see, all thye rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMoruya2
Reviewed 19 January 2016

This motel has been run by the same family since it was first built over 40 years ago. The rooms are big and clean and up to date. One can tell that the proprietors know their business and care.

Each room has an enclosed car port to protect the cars and also to allow car access in bad weather.

Air conditioned rooms for summer cool and winter warmth

Holbrook is about half way between Sydney and Melbourne - a good place to break the journey - especially if a late departure from Sydney or Melbourne. Since the bypass opened, it is a quiet town

AND you have the opportunity to see the full-size submarine and associated museum.

Holbrook has an interesting history.

This motel is great value and you feel wanted and appreciated.

A must!

Room Tip: No pool, but lots of protected space for families to play safely
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Very comfortable, and friendly staff.Much easier for one night than Albury-and better value.We walked to the club for dinner,just a couple of blocks from the motel,and had an enjoyable meal.
There is undercover parking for every unit.The bed was comfortable as was the room.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the rear,but I don't think there would be a noise problem anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple