“Birthday dinner for hubby”

Michael's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Gosford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2021

Went here for my husband’s for his birthday and as we walked in there was a lady at the reception that wasn’t very welcoming. No hello nothing and was more interested in her yoghurt being delivered to her. We ordered our drinks and then our food. As we were ordering our food she just turned away and spoke to one of her kitchen hand without so much as saying “excuse me”. We got served and all was going okay and then got shoved with our bill when my husband was still eating, and the waiter asked if we wanted dessert???? On checking the Bill I noticed that we had been charged the wrong price for our mains so I asked for the menu to double check. He returned saying that they had wrongly charged for veal instead for chicken, so he obviously knew they had charged wrongly. I also pointed out that they had not charged for the Mojito I had and the 2nd beer which my husband ordered. They did not even apologise for the mistake nor thank us for being honest. The next minute he brought back the bill with the amended prices and just plonked it on the table. The food as admittedly good but the service is atrocious. I found out that this place has changed hands two years ago. Sad to see the service is appalling as the food is good though a bit on the high side. Doubt if we will go back.

Date of visit: March 2021

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We didn't make it to our table as the "waitress " was so rude at the front desk treated us so poorly we decided not to eat there....

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank lizm339
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

In fairness the food is quite good but one of my pet hates is when 1 or more members of your small party (5 on this occasion) do not get their meals at the same time as everyone else. Happened with both courses and is a major league service fail in my view.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank 777scottr
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

My wife and I hadn’t been at Tim his restaurant for 2 years or so. The food was absolutely special. A great evening. The staff were attentive and the atmosphere great. Will definitely go again soon!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

We had a booking but didn’t get a call to say eftpos down so had to go to pub next door to get cash out (for a fee). Young waitress was lovely. Food was very average, garlic bread looked like homebrand supermarket, meals were not that good, teenagers hardly ate the spaghetti bolognese. Decor in restaurant is pretty drab and not much atmosphere.

Date of visit: October 2020