“Comfort Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

My friend and I who love Italian food decided to give this restaurant a try and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and patient when it took us a long time to decide on what to eat after a long awaited catch up. We had a garlic pizza which was tasty and better than expected. We shared some tortellini and a pizza which were really delicious.
The only let down for me was that as we arrived later in the evening and started eating late desert was not even offered, but the mains had filled us up.
I would recommend this place for families and friends as it was warm and comfortable.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 14 June 2019

Poor food , poor service

This is the first time we have visited this restaurant. I don’t like writing negative reviews so I will stick to the facts of our visit. I do write positive reviews so I do have a balanced view of good food and good service.

The restaurant was very quiet as it had just opened – no more than 6 people, so no real excuse for forgetting dishes ordered.

We ordered garlic pizza bread ( this was forgotten and never arrived ) , lasagne and marinara pasta.

The garlic bread as mentioned above did not arrive, we did ask one of the waitresses where it was, but she never came back to tell us, so we just had it deducted from the bill when we paid.

We specifically asked if the lasagne had the bechamel white sauce, but when it arrived it was obvious it was not there. The sauce oddly also appeared to have no actual meat, and the sauce was sickly sweet. Overall the dish was unpleasant.

The marina – again odd in that the mussel shells had no actual mussels attached, and the mussels in the dish were tiny – almost as if they had not actually come from the shell, but just a seafood mix.

A lady came to our table and did agree to not charge us for the lasagne, although was a little critical telling us we would be better to choose something else next time.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Marmiteboy
Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

Relaxing night out, great food and service. Not rushed and waitress was very helpful with choices of foods on menu

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 11 March 2019 via mobile

Heading out for dinner with friends and we decided to have Italian. We decided on Michaels.
Best decision!
Food is Amazing!! The steaks are perfectly cooked to your liking. The sauces are simply wonderful and the mash potato is so creamy and tasty.
Couldn’t fault the meals. Everyone ordered something different and every plate was scraped clean. When the waitress asked how the meal was we all said ‘Amazing, the chefs fantasic’. After that the chef came out to say thank you for the praise.
I can’t recommend Michales enough. For a wonderful meal you don’t need to look any further.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank M7363DEjenniferc
Reviewed 9 January 2019

It had been a while since my partner and I last visited as we moved to Sydney and was greatly disappointed. Service was okay, however has dropped since the last time we visited (couple years ago). We ordered a pizza and the chicken mushroom risotto. Pizza was nice, lots of topping and crust cooked nicely however the risotto was horrible. I literally had to tilt my plate so that all the oil could seep out of the rice! it was disgusting and could not be eaten. Told the server who then spoke to the chef. Apparently the chef didn't know why there was that much oil?! I couldn't get enough oil out of it because the rice was absorbing it! Chef was kind enough to take the meal off the bill however would have obviously preferred to pay for a delicious risotto! For the price too, $33.50 (I think) it was not worth it and I have eaten better risottos for a lot cheaper regardless if it was swimming in a pool of oil!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019