Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
donnamb112
Singapore, Singapore

Spacious room with park views

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 July 2023
A comfortable hotel and the room is a good size. We were happy to get a room which looked out over Koshigaya Park so the view is quite nice. The room had a small balcony so this was rather good, it’s not big enough to pull out chairs but you can open the room right up so it was a nice feature.

The hotel gets quite busy on the weekends with events at the bar and function room area. The rooms were nice and quiet though, even with so many functions running.

We visit C’town fairly regularly to catch up with extended family (I grew up in the area) and we’ve found this a great option as it is close to the art gallery cafe -which las lovely gardens, and a short drive to the Mt Annan Botanic gardens and Camden area. There’s plenty of shopping all within walking distance (Campbelltown Mall- supermarket, fast food, cafes) so it’s very handy. And as a note, we’ve tried various accommodation options in the area over the years and this was by far the most comfortable and central location.

Being able to meet people at the bar area (Otis bar) after work is also terrific. We all enjoyed trying the beers which are brewed on site. The service was very good. Location wise, this is great if you are attending a function either at Rydges or in the town. This location is good for families too as the park is close by. We’ll stay here again when our teens travel with us.

The amenities were good but we had a cup which was cracked (it was replaced as soon as we pointed it out) and the kettle is so small that it seems to only just make 2 cups of tea.
The bathroom is spacious but the design does mean the shower leaks a bit onto the floor (something about the positioning of the drain). But apart from that, all was good.
Date of stay: July 2023
Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with views of the park (facing Camden road) if you can.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    AU$198
    AU$320
10.6 km from Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
View more hotels in Campbelltown
All reviews catholic club buffet breakfast business trip comfortable room sydney pillows macarthur conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2023 via mobile

Shower turned bathroom into a a swamp!
Perhaps management could do something better for shower door seals, as the shower leaked like proverbial sieve! Turned the glossy tiled bathroom into a skating rink and was very dangerous in the middle of the night going to toilet. We had to use both our bathroom towels to swamp up the water that didn’t drain to the incorrectly located drain plug! Left us with. O towels in morning. Poor for a hotel of Rydges standard! Will never be back

Room tip: BYO Towelling and take care on wet floor
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 5 May 2023

Hotel has zero hygiene. I been travelling for years all over the world. I was in Sydney for holidays but I had the worse experience. We found cobwebs in the room as well as dirty towels . We addressed the issue with the manager called Nethan. He told us that it was down to us. We paid over 300 aus dollars per night. Our issue was not resolved & we ended up checking out few day earlier. Absolutely zero customer service.

Room tip: Never book it specially when you travelling with family & young children.
Date of stay: April 2023
1  Thank Deepa C
Reviewed 10 April 2023 via mobile

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was twice the size of a spa studio and well appointed. The flatscreen tv’s and allow casting. The room was clean with a few minor maintenance items.

The room service menu used to have a good selection but it was very minimal this time which was the only disappointment.

An overall good stay and will continue to stay here for overall value.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2023

I have stayed here many times on business trips, and am always very happy with the service from all staff.
Never before though have I felt the need to leave a review.

I attended this week for a conference, and stayed several days., During my stay we dined in the hotel restaurant, and one particular staff member (Valerie) really went above and beyond to look after our group. She checked with me several times if we needed anything and even stayed back after her shift to ensure we got the drinks I’d asked to be brought out at a certain time I really appreciated her efficiency and friendly May, that really helped to make our team dinner run smoothly.

The room was comfortable with a lovely bed and generous pillows and an amazing shower with fantastic pressure .

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2023

It has already been a little while ago that we stayed at the Rydges hotel in Campbelltown. We did not have the best experience and I did not think about leaving a review straight away.
My son asked if I wanted to join him to an Athletic carnival in Campbelltown. As a surprise he splurged and booked a room which was 299.00 per night.
He studies in Wollongong so I felt this was very special to spent such an amount on an overnight stay.
Unfortunately the room was poorly cleaned. Dust on the floorlamp, hands on the walls and phone, hair in the cups, bathroom walls unclean. I adressed this at the reception when we went out for dinner and was asked to mention it again upon checkout. Nothing was cleaned after mentioning.
When we checked out, about sn hour later a lady called us to apologise. She sais rooms were normally thoroughly cleaned and she would pay extra attention to it.
I appreciated the call and told her that. I guess I was just expecting something more. Maybe a discount voucher for a next visit or a discount. Our son is only 20 and was disappointed that the room did not live up to his expectation. Especially as 300 per night would have provided him food for a week 😅
Anyway, I thought to let it go but it keeps on popping into my head. Hence the belated review. To keep a customer you need to make them feel valued and special. Unfortunately we did not feel like that after our visit.

Date of stay: November 2022
Melissa De Bono, Marketing at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2023

Hi Maria, thank you for your feedback. I have passed this on to our Operations Manager and he would like to discuss the issue further with you. As the room was booked under your son, we don't have any contact details for yourself. If you could please call or email the Hotel at your convenience and ask for either the Operations Manager or the Front Office Manager, on the below details. Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)

P: 02 4645 0500