Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Linda W
Melbourne, Australia

The staff go the extra mile

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Mar 2023
I have stayed here many times on business trips, and am always very happy with the service from all staff.
Never before though have I felt the need to leave a review.

I attended this week for a conference, and stayed several days., During my stay we dined in the hotel restaurant, and one particular staff member (Valerie) really went above and beyond to look after our group. She checked with me several times if we needed anything and even stayed back after her shift to ensure we got the drinks I’d asked to be brought out at a certain time I really appreciated her efficiency and friendly May, that really helped to make our team dinner run smoothly.

The room was comfortable with a lovely bed and generous pillows and an amazing shower with fantastic pressure .
Date of stay: March 2023
    AU$183
  • Booking.com
7.6 km from Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
View more hotels in Campbelltown
All reviews catholic club buffet breakfast business trip comfortable room sydney pillows macarthur conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2023

It has already been a little while ago that we stayed at the Rydges hotel in Campbelltown. We did not have the best experience and I did not think about leaving a review straight away.
My son asked if I wanted to join him to an Athletic carnival in Campbelltown. As a surprise he splurged and booked a room which was 299.00 per night.
He studies in Wollongong so I felt this was very special to spent such an amount on an overnight stay.
Unfortunately the room was poorly cleaned. Dust on the floorlamp, hands on the walls and phone, hair in the cups, bathroom walls unclean. I adressed this at the reception when we went out for dinner and was asked to mention it again upon checkout. Nothing was cleaned after mentioning.
When we checked out, about sn hour later a lady called us to apologise. She sais rooms were normally thoroughly cleaned and she would pay extra attention to it.
I appreciated the call and told her that. I guess I was just expecting something more. Maybe a discount voucher for a next visit or a discount. Our son is only 20 and was disappointed that the room did not live up to his expectation. Especially as 300 per night would have provided him food for a week 😅
Anyway, I thought to let it go but it keeps on popping into my head. Hence the belated review. To keep a customer you need to make them feel valued and special. Unfortunately we did not feel like that after our visit.

Date of stay: November 2022
Melissa De Bono, Marketing at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2023

Hi Maria, thank you for your feedback. I have passed this on to our Operations Manager and he would like to discuss the issue further with you. As the room was booked under your son, we don't have any contact details for yourself. If you could please call or email the Hotel at your convenience and ask for either the Operations Manager or the Front Office Manager, on the below details. Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)

P: 02 4645 0500
E: reservations_rydgescampbelltown@evt.com

Reviewed 21 January 2023 via mobile

Stayed overnight with two teenagers in two rooms that had an interconnecting door. This hotel had a really calm vibe to it. It was really nice and quiet in every area of the hotel.

I enjoy the buffet breakfast, however limited gluten-free options and food labelling could be a bit better.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Melissa De Bono, Marketing at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2023

Hi GirlintheMist, thank you for your review. It's great that you felt comfortable with the teenagers within the interconnecting roomsand enjoyed the feel of the hotel. I have passed on your breakfast feedback to the Head Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Campbelltown again soon! Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)

Reviewed 14 January 2023 via mobile

From the minute we stepped in to this hotel and were met with abrupt service we knew this wasn’t a friendly welcoming place to be. The deal we had signed up for provided two beer tasting paddles. The hotel insisted it was one. We had to fight to get what the advertised deal was (including having to show the advertisement to the abrupt disinterested receptionist).
As platinum (now black) Rydges member I was entitled to two welcome drinks. We eventually got one and gave up as dealing with the staff was just too hard.
Food in the restaurant was absolutely lovely, but having finished our meals we waited 40 minutes for someone to clear our plates and ask if we wanted dessert in the not busy restaurant. We just gave up and left.
Breakfast was average (fruit bitter and not fresh, stale croissant, poached egg could be bounced off the floor).
The highlight though was when we checked out and minutes later realised we’d left something in our room. Husband told
by another abrupt and unfriendly receptionist - no you can’t retrieve it because you’ve checked out. Eventually after he insisted someone get it for him then (and she realised he wasn’t going to let her serve anyone else because he wasn’t going to just go away unless she resolved it), she reluctantly organised someone to retrieve our property.
I’ve stayed here years before and enjoyed it. We stay in Rydges hotels all the time and have become used to the easy excellent service other Rydges provide. This one needs a good manager to get in there and overhaul it and get it back to at least being a pleasant experience.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Melissa De Bono, Marketing at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2023

Hi Insularium, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable stay with us, however do thank you for raising this feedback so we can follow up. The receptionist you showed the advertisement to has already raised the beer tasting paddle for two concern with the Management Team, and your service within the hotel and restaurant departments has now been advised to our Operations Manager. I hope that you can give us another try in the future to redeem ourselves as this is not the hotel environment we want to give our guests. Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)

Reviewed 9 January 2023 via mobile

First impressions are that it needs maintenance.
You step into the lift and the floor tiles are severely cracked.
In the room there is a clump of hair etc hanging down the drain in the basin which is badly cracked.
When you have a shower the water from the shower leaves a huge puddle on the floor which doesn't drain as the low spot is not at the drain
We had a Jug and milk but no cups, tea, coffee or sugar.
There is only one chair in a King Room but the bed was comfortable.
The air conditioning thermostat is extremely sensitive and it took 2 days to get our temperature. It was a shame the air conditioning could not be turned off as it was not really required.
It was just not an inviting room to retire to.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi CanberraAussie101, thank you for your review. Sometimes working in a place every day you forget to take the time to look around as a first-time guest would see things, so your maintenance feedback has been very helpful and has been passed on to the Management Team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Rydges Campbelltown. Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)

Reviewed 12 October 2022 via mobile

We arrived late on a business trip, what a refreshing arrival to a beautiful, clean & comfortable room by welcoming professional staff. Left early without my work laptop, my total nightmare… but Sarah and staff were absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond, can’t recommend high enough! The beautiful rooms, surrounding location & ultimately the service . Well done to Rydges Campbeltown, you have employed awesome staff here who make your national business a trusted place to book in at the next stop/destination. 10/10 ♥️👍

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Melissa De Bono, Marketing at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2022

Hi Ana, thank you for your review. It's so great to hear how our team has wow'd you on your stay, and we have exceeded your expectations for service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Campbelltown again soon. Kind regards, Jacque (Duty Manager)