“Stick to the coffee”
Review of Arts Centre Cafe

Arts Centre Cafe
Ranked #8 of 207 Restaurants in Campbelltown
Price range: USD 7 - USD 13
Description: Cafe is located within the Campbelltown Arts Centre and Japanese Gardens. Also caters for Weddings and Events, High Tea
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I’m giving this place a very generous two stars because the coffee was okay. The food was terrible. It’s a pretty impressive feat stuffing up a bacon and egg roll. Nasty bread, hard to eat because everything slid everywhere, combo of hot and cold elements didn’t work because the butter I’d asked for was next to cold relish and on a cold bun and so sat there like a waxy scab. All you need to do to make a bacon and egg roll is a tolerably nice roll or English muffin (preferably not cold out of the fridge), butter, a fried egg and some bacon with the option of sauce. Anyone can do it. The actual bacon was thick and smoky, which you may like, and the egg was an egg, but every other element was a nasty version of whatever it was. Chips, aioli, everything. Similarly, my wife ordered avocado on toast. How on earth can one mess that up? But they did. Apparently the bread itself would’ve been okay but the avocado wasn’t nice and they’d introduced a blob of creamed fetta cheese which didn’t work. So stick to the coffee. They had no biscuits and I wasn’t up for a piece of cake so cannot comment thereon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

My son and I enjoyed lunch in the autumn sunshine. The toasted sandwiches were delicious and generous in serving size.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

After a visit to the hospital we were looking for a quick lunch and found this place, tucked into the corner of a art gallery it’s a modern cafe with a great outlook into the garden.
The menu while not large was enticing with what appeared to be a slant towards the healthy but delicious. We had the lamb baahger, delicious and a basil and corn waffle with chorizo and pumpkin, also very good.
A choice of fresh juices and good coffee rounded it all off, they had a selection of cakes which all looked delicious but we simply could not fit it in.
The service was quick, friendly and good and the prices reasonable. We will need to revisit the hospital which will give us an opportunity to come back here again, something I’m looking forward to.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful tranquil spot with a delicious menu. The staff were very friendly and helpful, all dietary requirements of our group were taken care of without any bother. Would definitely return and recommend

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Caught up with a friend for Saturday lunch here, my first time. And wow! What a find this cafe is. It has outdoor tables as well, but be warned indoors is small and this place was packed - that's how good it is. Luckily we found a table - oh and you can reserve tables btw - and I ordered the Falafel Bowl and my friend the Summer salad. They were both DELICIOUS! We had iced choc and iced coffees for drinks, which were yummy.
These meals weren't playing around, they are the real deal and you have to drop by. I live far away but am planning another visit soon. And, they have exhibitions on next door. The waitress also said they offer High tea.