Byron Bay Gyrocopters
Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Don't miss out!

Took a 30 minute flight with Oli l and I have to say it was one of the most memorable experiences... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2020
plainandsimple44
via mobile
Free as a bird!

This was my first gyroscope experience and it was fantastic. Like all the other reviews say below... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2020
GG_Stylz
Byron Bay, Australia

All reviews gyro great pilot minute flight flight instructor beautiful coast manta rays safe hands oli ellie wreck perspective airfield hinterland ship bird byron lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Wow! Today was a huge day for me because I had the opportunity to fly in Ollies Gyrocopter! It's not everyday that you get to fly in an open cockpit aircraft around the Byron region....seeing surfing dolphins & mantarays! We even came close to the clouds which you could almost reach out & touch, how cool is that? I felt super safe with Olli at the helm & could see straight away he' a pro pilot with lots of experience....I think now after my flight I just may have to return & do some more flying & perhaps even gain my license, imagine that? - Thanks for the really unique experience today mate, it was awesome!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I met Oli at the Hanger where His modern Gyrocopter sat sharing the space with a classic vintage Gypsie Moth Biplane. Presented with a firm handshake and beaming smile, I knew I was in good hands. Oli's pre flight briefing was professional yet relaxed. We sat comfortably in the aircraft and watched a group of parachutists glide safely back to Mother earth. Oli brought the proven Rotax engine into life, We taxied out and commenced take off. Within seconds, we were free of the ground gaining altitude and cruising to Cape Byron. The sensation of freedom that the semi open cockpit provides for you is indescribable and must be experienced. The trip brought us not only an Eagle's view of Byron Bay, the surrounding hinterland,long coastal beaches and the vast vista of the pacific ocean, but close up vision of the locals, sea turtle, shark, dolphin and manta ray. Cape Byron light house sat majestically poised on the head land and from the comfort of the Gyro it was a prime target for magic photos. The return trip was relaxing, landing was as if on a magic carpet. Oli and His Gyrocopter experience are an asset to and true highlight of the Byron Bay adventure.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 25 February 2016

We live in Arizona, USA and were in Byron Bay for a few days during a recent trip through Australia. A friend of ours found Byron Bay Gyrocopters and we figured with such a beautiful place, what a better way to see it than from the air! We called and Oliver "Ollie" said that they were fairly booked to get three flights in but that he would try and reschedule a few things to accommodate us and within 15 minutes he called us back saying he could get all of us in the air the next morning! We arrived at his hanger which was right next to Byron Bay Skydiving and ran us through the basics of the flight and procedures which was very quick and easy to follow, I have never been in a Gyrocopter before but have been in a cockpit since I was about 4 months old as my dad is a pilot. He makes sure you are comfortable and that there are no surprises which I could see being very reassuring to those a tad nervous about the open cockpit little beast of a machine! There was a 25 knot wind that day and it was honestly the smoothest flight I have ever had in anything including planes to choppers. I won't spoil the how/why that is as Ollie takes great pride in explaining his love of the Gyrocopter and why. About 15 minutes into my flight I was already grilling him on how to get my licence for one of these it was that amazing. I highly highly recommend taking a flight with Ollie and experiencing the beauty of Byron Bay from the air with an amazing pilot and guide! We saw rays, a pod of 30+ dolphins surfing the waves, shipwrecks, a shark and much much more! Make this a point of doing if you are ever in the area, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

So glad we did this, was the best experience! Will definitely do again, well worth the money. Very professional, highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We called Oli in the evening the day before we wanted to fly, and he was able to move around his schedule for the 3 of us so we could fly the next morning. We showed up at his hanger and he was doing his final check-off of the gyrocopter before handing us our flight suit and helmet, then explaining how the flight would go. He's both extremely knowledgable and entertaining-- plus the flight was the ONLY way to see Byron Bay. We flew over the lighthouse, and all along the coast on the 60 minute flight. I just wish I would've booked the longer one! If you haven't been in a gyrocopter before, it was smoother than an aircraft I've ever flown in. Much more quiet and comfortable than a helicopter and the open air made sightseeing incredible. We saw 10+ dolphins, manta rays, and a shark all on our tours. Do not miss this opportunity while in Byron Bay to fly with Oli in his gyrocopter!