“Cute and Comfy”

Byron Palms Guest House
Ranked #11 of 35 Byron Bay B&B and Inns
“Cute and Comfy”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Our room was part of the main guesthouse and we loved it. It was clean, bed was pretty comfy, and the decor resembled a beach house. The guesthouse is within walking distance to the shops and restaurants:) There is also a Woolworth 5min away. We enjoyed the continental breakfast: cereal. toast, jams, fresh fruits, yoghurt, juice and coffee:) The only thing that we found awkward was that there are a couple other rooms in the main guesthouse so you have to be mindful of noise. We had to tip toe around at night to the kitchen.

Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Moved from a hotel to the guest house on the recommendation of a friend.Im not one for guest houses normally however the room rate compared to the hotel I stayed in was so much lower than the beach hotel that I decided to try it.
What a delight!
A lovely fresh clean beachouse with simple furnishings , clean , fresh , lovely aura about it.
I had a quite room with a new ensuite to myself so felt no privacy issues at all.
Well appointed/ all needs met for.
Beautiful breakfast room with good coffee , lovely fruit plates and toast on offer.
Plenty of seats about the grounds or inside where you can find solace if you want .. however it's designed to allow interaction with other guests. ( in a very non intrusive manner)
Beach towels provided / fresh filtered water on tap . Lovely appointed rooms with shampoo etc
Darma the host was wonderful. Kind. Gentle and welcoming.
The location is not brilliant but it's a 5 minute walk to the big Woolies and then another 10 minutes to beach .
Quiet , lovely and reasonably priced..
I will be back!!

Stayed November 2016, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Last week we arrived to the very cool and welcoming Byron Palms to check-in before our friends' wedding. It was bright and airy, full of simple white decor and elegant touches. Having flown from Perth, we were looking forward to a quick change before the ceremony. We were warmly greeted by Monique who said an early check-in should be no problem. Unfortunately, when she looked at the reservations we realised that I had booked the wrong date - for a week later! And worse, they were fully booked that night! Despite my mild panic, Monique very quickly helped us to find accommodation elsewhere and we still made it to the wedding on time. The next day I heard a very kind message from the manager who refunded our deposit and wished us all the best. I would highly recommend the Byron Palms, despite missing out on the opportunity to spend the night. Next time for sure!

• Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The place is neat and clean. Well located in an expensive Byron. We felt kind of family at funny shared breakfast on the kitchen. But the room was pretty cold and the heating was not strong enough. The en suit bathroom a bit weird designed... all the floor was the shower floor... thus all was humid.
Relaxed atmosphere but for some clients making noisy enterings at night

Stayed August 2016, travelled as a couple
ByronPalmsGuesthouse, Owner at Byron Palms Guest House, responded to this review, 18 October 2016
We may have missed some of Alfredo's special requirements for which we are sorry. Our breakfast bar is always seen as a pleasant and congenial space to meet other guests. There are also private places if you wish to breakfast alone. Each room has a reverse cycle air con that heats to 30 C so perhaps he didn't turn it on ?
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I booked the Byron Palms Guest House because the Atlantic was booked out and it looked similar. However, I acted on the photos and only once I arrived did I realise that you can't actually cook in the kitchen like at the Atlantic. Something to keep in mind if you are about to make the same mistake as me. The decor etc. was nice and the management was nice but I couldn't help having the feeling that they were new to the game. There were inconsistencies in how they prioritised the cleaning. For example, they would change my towels really regularly but never once mopped the bathroom floor in the whole week and a half that I was there. I did it myself, by hand, on my knees with tissues, only to find the toenails of the last guest in the corner. Eeeew. Some other oddities were the very comfy, fresh clean bed linens but no bed valance on some of the beds (I had a peek in the other rooms) so you could see the exposed mattress base; the lime green fake suede couch that looked like it had been brought in off the street with stains to boot (it wasn't immediately obvious because the rest of the room was very fresh looking), the brown vinyl armchair in my room that was peeling down to bare threads on the arms (it looked like it had been bought for $5 from one of those hotel fire sales), the design of the kitchen cupboards which had sliding doors where food and rubbish was collecting in the grooves and not being cleaned out, the peanuts or whatever they were that had fallen through the patterned holes in the coffee table but had never been cleaned because that would require cleaning over and above the standard lick and polish. I guess that sums up my feeling which is that while the Byron Palms Guest House is still shiny and new, these things go unnoticed but it won't be long before they build up and the cheap fit out choices give the game away. Also, the walls are paper thin and you can hear people walking on the floor boards every time they come home as well as the door closing. Two young women came back to the house in the wee hours of the morning with some guys and were playing music. I could hear it all, the talking, the guy hopeful that it might lead to something....all of it. So I had to knock on the door and ask them to turn the music off and deal with a little bit of rudeness. I give it a 3.5 because 4 is just a bit too high and 3 is too harsh.

• Stayed July 2016, travelled solo