Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Donna U

My husband and I had stayed previously at Waves over many years... we booked to stay on our return trip from Sydney 3/3/

Review of Waves Byron Bay
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 May 2021
We stayed in room 05 1 night $306.00. I rang direct. Upon checking in the room we noticed it was dark and dingy, screen to balcony was filthy and covered in vegetation (trees) to the main street near the roundabout. The price did not reflect the age of the room, cleanliness was poor (photos taken) I was locked in the bathroom as the double doors were broken when we closed them to have a shower (opp front door) couldn't open as came off tracks and my husband struggled to open one side to get me out. The bed was old and offered no support. The lights were such a low wattage that we couldn't see to read. The lounge had marks on it and the carpet was filthy especially in the corners and around the skirtings. When we raised the issue when we checked in the receptionist reported it had a "spring clean" yesterday. I filled out the feedback form and when we booked out again we were told the room had been spring cleaned. I posted the feedback form to Waves Management Group PTY LTD ACN 117819342 Corporate Office P O Box 2225 Ascot QLD A007. No response I then rang 07 38683334 listed on the feedback form.. phone disconnected. I then rang the property supervisor again to get the correct details.. she was going to ring me back as she didn't have the details !, only an email but would not give me the email address... said she would ring me back... that didn't happen either so I rang back again 4/5/2021 top get the details, will now email. The PM wanted to know what I wanted...
I do not recommend this accommodation especially at the price we were charged of $306.00.
Date of stay: March 2021
Room Tip: Room 05 on main road and roundabout outside.
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
1.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Waves Resorts, General Manager at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this review
Responded 10 May 2021
Hi Donna, thanks for taking the time to review us, but as we are immersed in private negotiation I am somewhat surprised at this public forum. Our housekeeping and maintenance team assessed your room upon your comments and found it to be perfectly clean inline with current extended Co-vid cleaning requirements. Indeed I believe you did have an issue with the a bathroom door but as there are 2 sliding doors this should not have been a problem until maintenance resolved it. Thank you for including our Head Office details but our Managers are responsible onsite. Notwithstanding this, we did in good faith offer you a credit of another nights accommodation which you have declined. Our staff pride themselves on Waves Byron Bay and their service, and are disappointed you were not 100% happy with your recent stay.
The new resort sized pool at the Atlantic Byron Bay
    AU$434
  • Booking.com
3.3 km from Waves Byron Bay
View more hotels in Byron Bay
All reviews the penthouse perfect location within walking distance byron bath fireplace brisbane
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021

Due to the covid situation at Easter 2021 we had to cancel our accommodation, there were restrictions & the Blues festival cancelled

This hotel is refusing to refund me ? Absolutely appalling, My request for refund has been dismissed 100% by these greedy , profit hungry thrives , they don’t even have the courtesy to call me
I would not recommend booking this property & now I have to take this to the ACCC

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 310JulieG310
Waves Resorts, General Manager at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Hi Julie, Thanks for reviewing on this public forum. As all previous communication with you ,of which there has been numerous, you were entitled to the conditions of your booking with Booking.com only your deposit to be forfeited. They highlight the T & C's along every step of the booking process. Notwithstanding, unlike most Hoteliers in the Industry we offered you a credit another night which is not part on your T&Cs which you agreed to by completing the booking. Our other guests were delighted with this option. There is certainly no 'greedy, profit hungry thrives?' in any of the Hospitality businesses we have the pleasure of working with, and suggest you may refrain from slanderous comments.

Reviewed 10 April 2021

Good location however the hotel is poorly maintained. Our bathroom and our front door had hushed cracks in them. The bathroom had not been cleaned properly which was especially worrying as we stayed there 2 days after corona virus restrictions were removed from the area.
Bathroom was filthy plus they did not come and clean our room one day and the bathroom stand of sewerage.
Fruit and muffins were nice fro breakfast but otherwise poor form

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cecoz
Waves Resorts, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2021

Hi cecoz, I do wish you had contacted our Reception about your concerns as we have an excellent Housekeeping and reception team evidenced by all of the fabulous reviews, however May was a month of continuing reburishments in most of our rooms so I'm sure you will be loving the new look rooms. Social media is probably not the best forum for fixing inhouse concerns.
Regards
The Team@WavesByronBay

Reviewed 27 March 2021

A nice option for a Byron Bay weekend away, our room clean and had recently been refreshed with modern beach themed decor. The hotel is close walking distance to the beach as well as restaurants/shops. Secure onsite parking was convenient and at no extra cost. The warm muffins, coffee and fruits in the lobby of a morning was a cute touch.

3  Thank ItalianAlexP

Thanks so much for your great review.

Reviewed 5 December 2020

Waves apartments was very central to restaurants, cafes and beach. Apartment was spacious and clean. There was a morning juice and pastries for the guests and a nice area at reception for guests to relax. Also a communal area outside our room on the first floor where we had a few bottles of wine before we ventured out into Byron Bay.

Parking under the building was very convenient.

Will recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maps29017363992

Thanks Maps for your fabulous review.

Reviewed 23 November 2020

My daughter and I enjoyed a brief two-night stay at Waves. We selected Waves for its location which was perfect. So close to the beach, shops and restaurants! We stayed in a boutique suite on the first floor which was great for us and not noisy at all. The bathroom was clean and large, the king bed was very comfortable and the sofa bed was fine for 2 nights. It was good to have parking included. The staff were friendly and the muffins are back!