“decent but not for us”
Review of The Junction - CLOSED

The Junction
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stopped by for lunch - the food was ok, the service was ok, the wine was ok - overall it was just ok. The interior/ambience felt a bit like it was waiting for the afternoon happy hour and was serving lunch to kill time and make a few bucks in the meantime. To be fair, my £10 chicken breast lunch special was big and tasty but my husbands burger was a bit tasteless. Nothing special about this place, just decent food at a reasonable price. Would I return? Probably not - its a bar that serves lunch and there's plenty of other options in town that have a better menu and ambience. I'm sure this place suits someone's taste but just not ours.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stopped by here the other week whilst visiting a very busy Byron Bay. The place was very well presented and I was pleasantly surprised at the amazing quality of the 10$ lunch menu acomplied with a 5$ beer. I also made great use of their easy free wifi whilst I was waiting for my dinner. It came quick and the waitress was very polite and made my stay very comfortable! I felt very welcome and will recommended to all family and friends :)

1  Thank Holly R
Reviewed 26 September 2013

French / European waiters lovely and friendly - attentive and genuine smiles..unfortunately the Time we waited for what we were expecting was a real kick in the face!! A piece of steak each with a small bowl of lettuce only ( to share!!) with a miserable typical balsamic dressing and dribbly watery mushroom sauce. . Our 7 year old seemed to be the only one that enjoyd his tomato sauce pasta! kids don't have high expectations ! Oh and 2 glasses wine and 2 Beers for $84??!!! I wouldn't have minded the price but value, No way!!
Do not recommend if you're hungry ! We ate kebabs on way home !!

1  Thank EESansour
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Went there for late lunch / early dinner, brilliant place to be! Awesome atomosphere overlooking Byrons Main Street, really great compilation of tunes as the sun was setting. I was told by the manager they just started thier new menu also, awesome vege options are also available! I had the gnocchi and my friend the 1st steak on the menu, generous portions but left us both wanting more. Tasty cocktail list, with a warming team of staff to top it off. I recommend the Junction for anybody seeking a groovy afternoon sunset vibe, or just a enjoyable place to meet friends. 5stars!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here before heading to Splendour. They have great lunch deals for $10 so we thought we would try it out. We waited over 1/2 hour for our food and there was only a couple of other people in the bar. With only 6 options for lunch we couldn't work out why it took so long.

Staff were friendly and when the food came it was very tasty but it was tainted by the long wait. It would be a good place for a drink at lunch or the evening as the music is always pumping just don't eat there if you are in a hurry or hungry.