“Aaron and Bek Stubbs”

Byron Bay Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: We dive at Julian Rocks marine sanctuary- home to tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as over four hundred different species of fish. A small selection can be seen in our photos.We cater for all levels of experience. Join one of our guided diving or snorkel trips that go out every day and let our dive crew show you one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites.At the Byron Bay Dive Centre you can complete a range of PADI and SSI dive courses but be prepared to share your classroom with giant sea turtles and friendly blue gropers.The Byron Bay Dive Centre is the only diving facility in Byron Bay that issues PADI, SSI and NAUI diving certifications.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great dive, nice people, very organised and were able to accomodate us at very short notice, will definitely be back

All reviews
"safety stop"
"warmer water"
"awesome snorkeling"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My partner and I were visiting Byron looking to conduct a dive. Byron Bay dive centre offered a pleasurable and memorial day. Plenty of good fun humour and banter between couples and the friendly team. The dive to Julian rocks was only 5min car journey by minibus and less than 10min RIB ride out to the site with our gear pre prepped. Julian Rocks has plenty to offer with lots of wildlife to see including turtles. My partner a newly qualified diver was well supported by the staff and even given a little tuition/pointers by the friendly staff. An extra star for the guys since they took time to send on my misplaced dive card. Cheers guys! Would definitely return.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My partner and I on a visit to Byron wanted to carry out a dive locally. Byron Bay dive centre offered a really memorable day. Warm on welcome and plenty of fun banter between couples and the team. Julian Rocks offers lots to see on a short 5min ride out by RIB. All equipment pre assembled. My partner was only recently PADI qualified and the team offered her plenty of re-assurance and even some additional tuition during the dive. We would definitely return if local again. An additional star for the club sending on my misplaced dive card I left behind! Cheers guys!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Loads of action unbelievably close to shore, easy diving , warm water , crystal clear. Schools of fish, manta, wobby’s,eels, turtles +++

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner originally booked to do a dive at Julian Rocks (both certified) but I struggled to begin with as this was my first dive since certifying. I ended up snorkelling instead and my partner did the dive, we were amazed at how much marine life there was and were lucky to have about 20+ metres of visibility. We saw turtles, leopard sharks, a wobbegong shark a manta ray and loads of different types of fish.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone and it was one of our highlights of Australia.
The staff were generally helpful and reassuring. Although after telling our dive guide that I was a bit nervous he said we’d go slowly but when I started having problems he didn’t really seem to have the time to help as it was taking time off the actual dive- I was happy to snorkel instead but a bit disappointed as I was hoping to get my confidence up with diving.

Overall it was a good trip and well worth the money for what we got to see!