“excellent food”

The Cyprus Tree
Ranked #14 of 216 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Price range: USD 7 - USD 29
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Byron Bay's Greek Cypriot Influenced Restaurant located in Bay Lane beside the Beach Hotel. Experience a great atmosphere and amazing food in a BYO and Alfresco Dining experience. WE APOLOGISE BUT BEFORE ARRIVING PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS A $2 FLAT RATE ON CREDIT CARDS In respect of this we do not charge extra surcharges on public holidays or Sundays.
Reviewed 13 March 2018

authentic Greek cuisine. Really enjoyed the Mezze plate. and easy to get a bottle of wine from just across the road.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We tried to book a reservation at this restaurant and as you couldn’t contact them by phone used the contact form on their website at least 3 hrs prior to our booking request. No response so called at opening time-no answer on the phone. Called at restaurant 30 mins before our booking request time-to be told we had no reservation and they don’t bother to respond to the requests on their website as they are too busy!!! Young lady was extremely rude and certainly not what we usually encounter in Byron. We were more than happy to take our business elsewhere. Suggest they either amend their booking details on their website or certainly improve there customer relations. Too many great restaurants in Byron to put up with this

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My family and a few friends had dinner at Cyprus Tree whilst holidaying in Byron for a fortnight over summer. We ate out every night sampling the great restaurants that Byron has to offer. The Cyprus Tree was THE best meal and experience we had over that time.
A Greek restaurant, we chose the platters of seafood and vegetarian fare. Everything was fresh and flavorsome. The platters are bountiful and each different morsel was superb.

We found out the recipes were passed down to the Greek owner and chef by his mother and grandmother. The food’s presentation and flavor gives the impression that it has been made lovingly just for you.

All the food is sourced fresh daily and you can tell. I couldn’t fault the whole experience.

The restaurant was bustling with people but the service was prompt and friendly.

This restaurant is a gem.

1  Thank KCorlett
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

After seeing the restaurant on Trip Advisor I rang to try and get a reservation. The line was busy but a few minutes later I had a text from the restaurant asking us to text our enquiry. I asked for a table for two with room for a pram and they said 19.30 would be fine. When we arrived the restaurant was full and people were clamouring for tables. There wasn’t really an obvious place to stand and some were queuing in the narrow aisle between the Cyprus tree and Il Buco (which has its tables on the same terrace) and many more were standing in the street. I joined the queue inside and tried to let the dark haired waitress know we had a reservation. This was easier said than done as she kept sweeping past without glancing at the people waiting and getting her attention was very difficult indeed. When I eventually did get to speak to her and explain we had a table booked it was 19.45. She said I’d need to go and speak to Annette as if I was supposed to know who that was. I ended up speaking to a blonde waitress inside who said there was no reservation for us and that they were really busy. After a bit of back and forth she offered us a table with no room for the pram. As we were about to leave Annette appeared and said we could have a table near the end as a couple were waiting on their bill. We retired back to the street to wait. 5 minutes she said but it was 20.20 before we sat down. Getting someone’s attention for anything wasn’t easy. Eventually the blonde waitress took our order.

The food was very good. We had a sharing platter to start with stuffed vine leaves, halloumi, breads and dips. It was authentic and to die for. For main I had moussaka and my partner had the Cypriot stack. Again, both meals were lovely. The price was fairly high considering we also had to buy wine from the bottle shop on top of the bill however I think we’d have been happy with everything if not for the poor start to proceedings which stressed us out rather than being the relaxing evening we needed.

2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Great service and meal Fresh , tasty
byo , tables are a bit small but it is a small area.
Over all well worth a visit.