Book In Advance
Tours from Byron Bay Style Surfing School tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from USD 107.84
from USD 49.94
from USD 104.95
More Info
All reviews individual tips happy days three hours great lesson great surf these guys gaz wave teacher instructions surfing board legend wetsuits australia safety accommodation
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Gaz is the best surf instructor I've ever encountered! I'd just completed a 10 day surf camp but I learnt more in one session with Gaz than I had during those 10 days! He taught me completely new techniques that had me surfing better than ever! He is an excellent teacher, who really knows what he's doing. He's patient, kind, funny, and made the experience so enjoyable! Everyone in our group was standing and surfing pretty quickly! He can have you surfing green waves and jumping to your feet in one session! And Gaz has great communication skills so he's perfect even if English isn't your first language. He's a local who knows the best spots to surf at and he genuinely cares about teaching you properly, whether you have one lesson or ten! If you want to surf, this is the guy you need! I honestly wish I'd taken more lessons with him! He even takes pictures and sends them to you for free! He picks you up and drops you back off where you're staying, and he even drove us up to see the lighthouse where we spotted a whale! Couldn't recommend this more!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I was never going to be a pro-surfer - but I could not fault Gaz one tiny bit!

Wonderful instructor, really patient and made sure everyone stood on the board - even if only for a few seconds in my case.

I was only in Byron for a couple of days - otherwise I would have gone back for more lessons!

Thanks again

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017

My son and I had a surf trip booked and we left it up to the amazing Gaz, what he doesn't know about Byron and the waves is not worth knowing.
He is patient, informative and cares about you having the best experience doing something he obviously loves.
He had both of us up and surfing catering for our different abilities with subtly and professionalism. I will always have these memories to share with my son, thank you.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Not sure on his teaching skills but Gaz seems like a real stand out guy. He found my wallet at an airport, with around $900 in it, tracked me down by phone, and went out of his way to give it back to me. I offered him a reward but he would not take it. Helped restore my faith in humans.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Damien W
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Huge thanks to Gaz and Dan for great day out at The Pass, Byron Bay. They are both fantastic instructors and give great tips to help improve your surfing. Style surfing really take an interest in your surfing and helping you get better at it!

Date of experience: January 2017