“Wonderful Instructor!”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 44.77*
and up
Byron Bay Surfing Lesson with Local Instructor...
More attraction details
Owner description: Licenced to Surf with Byron Shire Council and Cape Byron Arakwal National Parks for Learning to surf in The Best waves around Cape Byron and in the town of Byron Bay with the Best Surfing School. A Local Family Owned & Operated surf school for the past 20 years that has more local experience than any other surfing school as I have been surfing The Bay since the 1970s .. Happy Days & Catch you in the waves. Gaz
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I was never going to be a pro-surfer - but I could not fault Gaz one tiny bit!

Wonderful instructor, really patient and made sure everyone stood on the board - even if only for a few seconds in my case.

I was only in Byron for a couple of days - otherwise I would have gone back for more lessons!

Thanks again

in 3 reviews
"equipment"
"lighthouse"

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My son and I had a surf trip booked and we left it up to the amazing Gaz, what he doesn't know about Byron and the waves is not worth knowing.
He is patient, informative and cares about you having the best experience doing something he obviously loves.
He had both of us up and surfing catering for our different abilities with subtly and professionalism. I will always have these memories to share with my son, thank you.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Not sure on his teaching skills but Gaz seems like a real stand out guy. He found my wallet at an airport, with around $900 in it, tracked me down by phone, and went out of his way to give it back to me. I offered him a reward but he would not take it. Helped restore my faith in humans.

1  Thank Damien W
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Huge thanks to Gaz and Dan for great day out at The Pass, Byron Bay. They are both fantastic instructors and give great tips to help improve your surfing. Style surfing really take an interest in your surfing and helping you get better at it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Thanks Gaz for being responsible and professional instructor. Unfortunately we needed to canceled our lesson twice. First time there was storm and second time enormous amount of blue bottle and. I have seen one of surf school giving a lessons also during the storm and lightning at the beach and at that time I really appreciate that I have chosen a good experienced instructor who was not driven only by money but put our safety first. I was very unlucky with the surfing condition s at the time I decided to take lessons but very lucky that I have choosen the right school :)