“Seriously THE BEST Surf School in Byron!”

Byron Bay Style Surfing School
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 46.22*
and up
Byron Bay Surfing Lesson with Local Instructor Gaz Morgan
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in The Best waves in Byron Bay with the best Surfing School. A Family owned & Locally operated surf school.. Ahwooooooooo
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I signed up for 5 lessons with Style Surfing and Gaz is THE best Byron has to offer. I've been surfing about a dozen times before at different locations around the world with several introductory lessons, but the teaching technique never stuck with me until this I went with these guys.

Gaz was also super flexible about letting me finish up my lessons at a later date when I had conflicting Freediving plans. I'm glad I listened to the locals and businesses saying to go with Style Surfing. They far exceeded my expectations and have the funniest "cheesy" jokes!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

After being extremely reluctant to sign up to do a surf lesson as a very unconfident swimmer and someone who doesn't like water I can say it was one of the best things I have ever done. It was absolutely the best decision to go with Gaz at Style Surfing. He was absolutely incredible! He devoted his time to me 1 on 1, taking my out further and teaching me techniques and to be more confident. He is so knowledgeable and was so patient with me. He got everybody up on the waves and feeling good. I was actually really inspired by Gaz and am so grateful. We had random people on the beach interrupt our session to just say how great he was and that he taught them to surf and he is the best. He turned me from someone who would have never considered surfing into someone who wants to do it again. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Gaz is a legend. Really nice guy, made it super fun and made us super relaxed, gave great tips and good advice and definitely made surfing experience all the better. He also took us up the light house to watch Wales after the lesson which was a nice touch.. Cheers bro

Dave

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The lesson was so fun, great location and Gaz really knows his Surf. He got us up on boards so quick and the location is perfect. He was really encouraging with helpful tips to try and stay up longer. If you're in Byron this is really worth a go!

So what can I say, from the start Gaz was flexible working round us, we managed to squeeze a full lesson in before his wife kindly gave us a lift back to our hotel just in time to catch our airport bus.

Thanks so much for a great time and we really wanna carry Surfing on!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Going with Style Surfing was definitely the best decision! Gaz is an amazing surf instructor..probably the best you can get!!! He absolutely loves surfing and made this passion his profession. He grew up in Byron Bay, knows where to find the best waves and how to get you standing up on your first lesson. He's also great fun and gets you motivated from the very beginning. He even helped me and my boyfriend to fix up the second-hand surfboards we had bought..legend!!!
Too bad we had to leave the next day, otherwise we would have loved to take more lessons.