Lowest prices for your stay
AU$230
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
AU$207
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No booking fees
All reviews walking distance to beach good size couple of nights night stay waves microwave byron keys australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2022

Whilst driving down to the Hibiscus Motel, I realised that we we’re not going to be at the motel in time for checking and that on the Expedia website it stated that you needed to give them 24 hours notice if you were going to arrive later than 5pm.

I emailed the motel and explained that we were going to be late and asked if we could make alternative arrangements to check in.

I received an email back in no time, asking if I could call the hotel as my credit card had been declined. I called the hotel and was advised that these things happen and provided my credit card details over the phone. I hadn’t realised that I had had a replacement card.

I was told where I could pick the key up from and everything was looking good. Just as we arrived at the motel, I check my email again to find that my card had yet again been declined and I was fully aware that reception had closed.

I tried the combination for the safe and thankfully the keys to our room were in there, with a note asking if I could attend reception the next morning.

The room, was a good size and whilst it might not have been the most luxurious in Australia, it was everything we needed for a couple of nights. The bed was really comfortable which provided a good nights sleep.

The next morning I went to reception and was instantly put at easy by the staff. (This was the first time my card has been declined) We went through the check in procedure, attempted to pay for the room, where I received a text from the bank asking me to authorise the payment, this then went through.

The staff could not have been any nicer or more understanding.

Date of stay: November 2022
5  Thank NJA_7
Reviewed 25 October 2022

I booked the Motel via Booking.com for a 2 bedroom Apartment.
If you go direct to the Hibiscus Motel website, I can guarantee the rooms advertised are not the rooms you will be staying in. They are appear far more appealing online than the actual room you will stay in.
They smelt old , musty and the Bed Linen did not appear fresh or inviting.
Do not stay here , it's a waste of money . I left I. 5 minutes and booked another Motel which was excellent. Negotiations with management continue on a refund , needless to say , less than helpful.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tjoc1961
Reviewed 17 June 2022

TripAdvisor scores were high, so we booked in. Paper thin walls, sparse room (the photo is similar but very favourable/photoshop) and it’s super basic. Location 10/10, hearing the people next door sleep 0/10. Byron Bay is very expensive so the price is relative but buyer be warned.

Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank wendycX1850CE
Reviewed 15 June 2022

First of all, didnt expect a lot from this motel but it turned out alright. The price is at 200$/night which is a little much for a motel but I guess most of Byron is overpriced generally. The room is spacious enough, nice location. Walking distance to beach and town centre. The bathroom has only one side of glass which means my husband absolutely flooded the place and had to use a towel to dry off the floor. We didnt get a daily housekeeping so was left with only one towel to use for the next day.

The other annoying thing is checking into another hotel which I didnt know about. No one reminded or emailed me about it. Lucky I was reading thru the reviews in here so I knew. When we got there, their big sign outside also says "check in at waves hotel" which is around the corner. Parking is free as per most of motels.

Other than that, the room in itself is okay.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

The outside light was on right outside our room ALL NIGHT. The curtains aren’t block out at all and the bed is 1 metre from the window so it felt like daylight all night long and made sleeping next to impossible. I told Waves reception on check-out and she didn’t have a clue but said she’d ask maintenance (no apology).

48 hours after I checked out and handed the keys to reception I received a text stating my credit card had been charged $51 for losing a key. They did eventually refund this after I explained I’d handed both back at check out but receiving this msg and charge was a huge insult simply because they couldn’t find a key 2 days later! They didn’t even apologise for the accusation. A simple check of security cameras at the time of check out would have shown we’d handed both keys back.

The rooms are nice and clean and location is fantastic but at $200 per night it’s just not worth it.

Date of stay: June 2020