“High distinction goes to Byron Bay Vision Walks - Eco Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vision Walks - Eco Tours
Ranked #15 of 40 Tours in Byron Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vision Walks provides; small group, walks and wildlife tours, scenic hinterland and cultural tours in the Byron Bay area, at affordable prices. Established 2007. Vision Walks provide tours in the Byron Bay area that help you to connect with the natural environment and explore local life, far from the maddening crowds, whatever your age or abilities. Tours include: Night Vision Walk, Wildlife Tour, Beyond Byron Tour, Hippy Trail Hinterland Tour, Crystal Castle Tour, Rainforest Walk and Byron Bay tour.
Canberra, Australia
“High distinction goes to Byron Bay Vision Walks - Eco Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2014

Words are not enough to tell you just how wonderful these tours are. Wendy can sometimes even tailor these fantastic tours to accomodate specific interests - we love vintage and antiques so Wendy took us to places that we would NEVER have found on our own.
Wendy is truly passionate about the area she lives in and she deserves the highest praise for making the tours so interesting. Lunch stops, with meals provided, are held in places of great natural beauty; your camera will hardly rest! We still haven't stopped talking about the 2 tours we went on - truly, Wendy's tours were the highlight of our 4 weeks away from home.

Visited September 2014
wendiobByronBay, Owner at Vision Walks - Eco Tours, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I really enjoyed my two days with you both too. I love finding out what interests people have and try (where possible) to tailor tours and I love sharing the area's natural wonders and cultural nuances. I hope to you again some day.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Night walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2014

This was an evening walk in a nature area with night vision goggles, it was an amazing experience. Wendy the guide was great, very informative and easy going and fun! We saw great barred frogs, bandicoots, pademelon, fuscipes, nightcap crayfish, Rakali and a tawny frogmouth owl. We finished off with a welcome hot chocolate and tim tams by the waterfall and saw an electric storm in the distance which was pretty awesome to see too. A great trip and big thumbs up.

Visited September 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. I'm so glad that nature put on such a great display for you. I hope to see you both again sometime in the future.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Byron Bay Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2014

This was an all day tour, which allowed us to explore towns and villages beyond Byron Bay. Wendy was very informative, easy going, helpful and full of fun! We learned a lot about the history of each place we went to.
We visited Bangalow, Minyon Falls,Crystal Castle, Mullumbimby and Brunswick Junction. We were never hurried along and given plenty of time to check things out or explore shops on our own or with the group. A delicious lunch was also provided at Crystal Castle and we were even given a choice!
Well done Wendy, we thank you for a fantastic day! We were so impressed we booked up for the Hippy Trail Hinderland Tour as well.
Ellen and Liz

1 Thank Elizabeth M
Ellen and Liz, thank you so much for your kind review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your tours, I really enjoyed my two days with you both too. We had loads of fun and laughs I hope to you again some day.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The short walk rainforest tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We did the short walk in the rainforest and it was amazing! Our guide was very passionate about the flora and fauna and told us a lot of interesting things about it. We learned a lot that day, had a lot of fun and we even saw a real koala in the wild!
The lunch was really good and she asked about preferences for the lunch.
When me and my friends were in Byron Bay we booked this tour at the hostel we were staying in. Our guide picked us up at the hostel and brought us back to where we want, the most eastern point of australia in our case.
We had a really great day! The guide was really sweet and passionate about her job and we appreciate the nature even more.
Thank you so much for the amazing day!

Visited August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you all enjoyed your first walk in a rainforest and that you got to see your first koala in the wild. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your travels.
“Good experience just go when the moon isn't bright.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Wendy was great and highly informative about the area and wildlife. Unfortunately we went on a night very close to the full moon so we didn't see as much as I had imagined. The route for the walk was more pedestrian than I had thought but considering the equipment being used it was probably a good thing. Using the night vision googles was a great way to see the nocturnal animals. The waterfall at the end with hit chocolate and timtams was a fabulous way to finish .

Visited April 2014
Thank you for your kind review. The moonlight can be a problem at times, the wildlife does tend to hide more, so they don't get eaten by predators. But I'm glad you enjoyed your walk, the waterfall and tim tams.