All reviews bustling centre the en suite bathroom short walk from the main street outdoor area quiet residential street railway line bed and breakfast hot shower close to town the kitchen overnight stay common areas home from home mini break group of friends a lovely stay self contained
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have stayed twice and have booked again. That says it all really.
For me Barbara's is the ideal place to stay in Byron and has everything I need to ensure a relaxing stay in a property with some character for a change..
Whether you have a room with or without ensuite it doesn't matter as there's an amazing outdoor shower anyway!
Rooms are all excellent, kitchen ideal and the outdoor area perfect to chill out and/or have a nap at the end of another lazy day in Byron.
Thanks Ginny - you are Hoz are the perfect hosts. See you again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I booked a room with a private bathroom, which was good-sized and very clean with a comfortable bed. After 2 months living in the hotel in Sydney (for work reason), I wanted to have some "personal" touch, Barbara's Guesthouse provided me the lovely 5 nights stay - lovely terrace (I had breakfast there every day as well as beer in the late afternoon), cute herb garden, fully-equipped shared kitchen. It's not the concrete building like a hotel, so you can hear the people's movement but luckily I had very nice people around who did not make much noise (like young backpackers), I rather enjoyed the chit-chat with other guests every day. Virginia (owner) was very friendly and helpful, always trying to make her customer's stay comfortable. Also great location - it's a residential area, but could reach the centre within a few miutes using the shortcut. Everything was charming and relaxed for me, definitely will come back! Thanks Virginia!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I booked a room here for a girls' weekend at late notice, and was thrilled that we got it. This is a lovely guesthouse, comfortable, clean, neat, warm and welcoming, with beautiful livable spaces, especially the garden! Comfortable small verandah out the front, and out the back a good-sized deck furnished with couches and day-beds and a large outdoor dining table, looking out onto a low maintenance garden with raised garden beds (herbs and vegies), and a big shady tree. We decided rather than going out in the evening we'd just relax on the back deck with some wine - perfect! We had to share the main bathroom but that was no problem: neat, efficiently sized, well-appointed and beautifully presented. There's an outdoor shower, too, to wash sand off after going to the beach (or if the main bathroom is in use), housed in an artistic spiral of corrugated metal and decorated with pretty plants. Our room was small but neat, tidy and the space was used well. I only got a slight glimpse at one of the other rooms but it looked really comfortable too. The guesthouse has high ceilings, polished wooden floors, with Persian-style rugs and runners, and no fewer than three places to have meals - gosh, this sounds like a real-estate review! The kitchen is lovely - retro style, everything you need, and most breakfast items are provided in the ample cupboards and fridge. This is no nasty,grotty backpackers - this is relaxed, quiet, good-quality home-away-from-home accommodation. In fact, I wish it WAS my home!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElleMBrisbane
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We came up for a friends wedding and we're happy to find an unassuming, elegant and relaxed B&B at Barbara's. The owners were friendly and quick to suggest places in town for coffee, cafés and restaurants (all within short walking distance). Our room (with ensuite) was clean, nice fresh towels, crisp sheets, fan and massive bathroom. All the simple amenities were provided (tea, coffee, basic breakfast) + wifi, but the real charm was the front and back porch where we could escape to read our books and relax after hitting the beach or town in the morning. A lot of love and care seems to have gone into the place and the other guests were polite and pleasant. A great experience we will be back for sure!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this gorgeous guesthouse, which is conveniently located a very short stroll from the main supermarkets, cars & cafes in town. We were warmly greeted by Virginia (host) who went out of her way to ensure that we had a fantastic weekend away in Byron Bay.
The charming rooms were clean, spacious and airy, with the added bonus of a well equipped kitchen and large outdoor deck & terrace which was the perfect spot to relax in the swinging chair reading a magazine!
Complete with wifi, byron bay pocket guides in the rooms and free parking - this accommodation was perfect for a weekend away.
This hidden gem was a highlight for our stay in Byron and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple