Open today: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Out of The Blue Adventures tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Out of The Blue Adventures
from USD 72.60
More Info
from USD 95.30
More Info
All reviews marine biologist richmond river sunset river cruise whale watching bliss balls playful dolphins boat tour whale action fast boat sea birds julian rocks captain dean great boat amazing cruise fantastic sunset ocean adventure spray jackets
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were up from Sydney on holiday and went out with Dean and raced along the coast up to Julian Rocks. It was super fun and we even saw dolphins! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Out of the Blue Adventures, Ballina is a wonderful boat trip along this special coast. It leaves Ballina via the Richmond River and travels along the coast to Byron Bay. We saw many dolphins with the infants, turtles, jumping fish and sea birds travelling through these protected marine park waters. The marine biologist on board, explained about the wild life we witnessed so making the whole experience fabulous.All comforts are provided including all weather jackets. The staff and boat both equally professional and friendly We were served home made snacks as we approached the stunning waters of Byron Bay. It is too beautiful to appreciate in photos, you just have to go and see for yourself.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Although living in the area for sometime I have never actually viewed our fantastic coastline from the ocean side and am so glad I got to do it with Out of The Blue Adventures. The Byron Bound trip was exceptional, crossing the Ballina bar was a breeze for our Skipper Dean his local knowledge of the coast is great. Gabrielle the Marine Biologist on board taught me things about dolphins I never knew. Viewed little local beaches on the way, looked up at the Byron Lighthouse for a change and cruised around Julian Rocks. The homemade snacks provided where fantastic, we even asked for the receipe!
If you have a chance to get on board the Out of The Blue Adventure Tours do so you will not be sorry.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Such a cool perspective of the Byron coast, loved every minute of it and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2018

What a great experience! Out of the Blue pick you up and take you out through the Ballina river mouth, all the way to Byron Bay and Jillian rocks. You get to see all the famous Byron surf breaks and the cliffs are an amazing sight. We saw Whales and an abundance of dolphins. The boat is extremely comfortable and shaded from the sun and they provided jackets for anyone that was cold. The marine biologist on board provided interesting details about the marine life and Dean (boat driver) was super nice and I felt very safe as I could see he was very confident with the boat.
I'd highly recommend this trip and i would go again

Date of experience: December 2017