“Wow, what a fantastic week I had, I had a blast!”
Review of Surf Getaways

Surf Getaways
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surf Getaways specializes in exclusive ladies surfing holidays and custom designed surfing and activity holidays for individuals, families and small groups. Combining unrivaled local knowledge and access to the best female surf coaching, surf guiding, accommodation and activity specialists, Surf Getaways will ensure you experience the ultimate holiday.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Taught to surf (and yes I did manage to stand up...on the first day) by our very talented coaches Jenny Boggis & Serena Adams. These 2 ladies are absolutely amazing! Over the week we received so much support and encouragement, even when we doubted ourselves, they never did and encouraged us further to get to our best in the time we had. It was no easy feat with me as I'd never been on a surfboard before in my life. I had so much fun, even all the wipe outs! You have both got me hooked and I'm sure you'll see me again. Thank you for everything from your goofy newbie! :) Thanks also to Andy, Gerry & Bel for being such being such great companions this week. It certainly made my time all the more enjoyable. Thanks for the memories and I hope we can do it again in the future. We were very spoilt staying at The Byron at Byron resort too, with our daily yoga, spa treatments and scrumptious meals, it was a real treat.

Date of experience: October 2017
in 9 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Jenny and Serena should be so proud with what they have created- incredible surf trips for inspirational women!
My trip to Fiji couldn't have been more perfect- fun waves, great coaches, a beautiful eco friendly resort and an awesome group of ladies.
Professional with every effort made to ensure each individual has the best trip. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This is my second trip to Fiji with Surf Getaways and I honestly did not think another surf trip could have been any better than my last trip with them in March 2017.

Jenny & Serena have created an amazing experience in every way; superb location, the best hospitality you will ever come across, epic waves and the tastiest meals. Words don't do it justice.

If you’re considering booking a retreat with Surf Getaways, do it!!
Jenny & Serena make sure that all levels are made to feel comfortable & safe with challenges at the ready for those who want them.

I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone looking for adventure, a challenge, and an opportunity to be in the company of beautiful people!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I went on the Surf Getaways trip to Fiji in March 2018 with 2 of my closest surf buddies. We had such a magical time together - every day finished with smiles on our faces.

All of the women on the group were so amazing - we all got on so well and had a great time getting to know each other and encouraging each other in the surf :)

Serena and Jenny are amazing coaches - so fun, down to Earth, supportive and of course knowledgeable. I felt so confident in the water - even at Frigates where the waves were more challenging. The waves were a great mix for a range of surfing abilities, and the group was split up according g to skill level so we all felt comfortable with the wave selection.

The resort was superb, the locals were so beautiful and helpful.

I can’t say enough positive feedback - if you are considering booking, get in there before you miss out on a spot!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I’ve been travelling to remote & exotic surf destinations in the Pacific & Asia since 2004 and I would have to say my Surf Getaways experience to Fiji in 2018 was the best trip I have ever been on for all round stoke!! Amazing waves for all levels of surfing, fantastic coaches who have transformed my surfing, lovely co-travellers who have become friends, awesome food, accommodation & cultural experience at Matanivusi eco resort & I got to swim with whales!!! I have always been an independent traveller so this was my first experience at group travel & it was beyond my dreams. Jenny & Serena are the brains, talent & heart behind Surf Getaways and I can honestly say they are super skilled water women who just happen to be lovely as well! Don’t hesitate. Trust me! Just book x