“And the coffee prize goes to.....”
Review of Espresso Head

Espresso Head
Ranked #1 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Byron Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Im from Melbourne, therefore I love my coffee. Found this little place first day in Byron and it won me. Almost each day this was my coffee stop

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by a waitress in a cage I met the evening prior. She told me 'two streets over and look for the yellow umbrellas'. Well, the directions were spot on.
As I approached I noticed there were quite a few patrons which was a good sign.
Service was pretty quick and I noticed the menu was very 'alternative' with organic muesli and sourdoughs.
I went with the Vietnamese rice pancake with fried eggs, pickles, chilli, herbs and peanuts. I think the Pancake was more of a base for the rest of the dish rather than a focus. The pickled cabbage and the bean sprouts were refreshing as was the mint. The hint of chilli gave it the Vietnamese twist. Overall it was different to my normal choice but with it.
As I mentioned it was quite busy and from what I could tell it was mainly locals as they all seemed to know each other.
There is an outdoor area as well for those sunny mornings but they seemed to be in high demand.
Plenty of wait staff helped things run along smoothly.
Nice spot. Thanks waitress lady.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great little cafe. The pancakes with blueberries were amazing and huge - the kids got through about half of them... Excellent coffee.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The coffee was excellent. Two of us had the muesli - delicious! My daughter had the buttermilk pancakes - good but a little too syrupy for her. My other daughter had rice porridge - num!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Once upon a time my partner and I were on a morning stroll to the glistening beaches of Byron Bay when we were drawn to a little coffee shop producing fresh aromas of worldly coffees that filled our nostrils with excitement and fueled our inner coffee addiction. "We must indulge ourselves" said the princess to her prince. We looked for a scroll with items for sale on it, but was unable to find one. The gate keeper of the coffee asked if she could help us. She was kind and well spoken, efficiency and love for her work beamed from her soul as she awaited our response. "I'll have a caramel latte" said the prince. Immediately the gate keeper responded " we don't do syrups".. Upset by her response and initially stunned of the thought of why not, the prince accepted that this potion was not available and moved on with another request. "We'll take 2 Long Blacks" said the prince again to the coffee keeper. She smiled and gently nodded and asked for 7 gold coins in return for the goods.

After what seemed like an eternity of time (11 mins) and a nomads fluffy companion attempt to poop on my foot while we watched the sun hurtle through space on its course of destruction, we received our promised life blood in a Petite cup, lids on and steaming away. After picking up these cup which felt rather light and under packed, the couple inspected the contents.. Danm thee.. said the princess to the prince. "We've been had". The cup is only half full and tastes like it's been through a bitter factory whilst trodden on by an angry mob of trolls with tinea. We moved to the closest trash can and disposed this attempt of long black and lived happily ever after, never too return again

The End