Lowest prices for your stay
AU$520
Get rewarded with One Key
Rachael W

Our COVID wedding

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 May 2021
If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan not the goal.
My husband and I got married at Milton Park in December.
Just weeks out from our original April 3 date, the reality of COVID-19 hit.
I honestly felt like my world was crumbling, but the staff at Milton Park handled it with such grace.
Kathryn was a godsend. She was dynamic, quick, and thought outside the box if things weren’t able to go ahead as originally planned due to restrictions.
And when the day finally came, the team went above and beyond - banding together to find a wedding ring one of our grandparents lost in the garden.
They truly made our Plan B feel better than Plan A.
Date of stay: December 2020
7.8 km from Milton Park Country House Hotel & Spa
Restaurant
8.5 km from Milton Park Country House Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Bowral
All reviews steam room wedding coordinator high tea blue mountains bridal suite southern highlands indoor pool course dinner central heating tennis courts beautiful grounds old world charm weekend fireplace venue estate package
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2021

We had our wedding at Milton Park and would absolutely recommend it to others! Everything about the venue is beautiful – from the hotel to the pool, gardens and ballroom – and all our guests were raving about it. The food is delicious and drinks were flowing on the night! Not only that, but Kathryn and Lauren were extremely helpful and accommodating in both the lead up to the wedding and on the day. They made everything seamless and removed a lot of stress from us. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

We stayed in the most beautiful, authentic and comfortable room/suite #119. Although a long walk through this lovely building to reach the room, it was perfect and private. The bed was extra comfy and the gas fireplace was very cosy. The staff were extremely helpful and we loved the spa and indoor pool area. We are diehard foodies and lovers of wine and the 3 course meal in this beautiful restaurant was outstanding....do yourself a favour, it was worth every cent of the AUD$99 per person. The wine list is extensive and expensive, but amazing!! We had a pre-dinner drink, 3 delicious courses, a very nice bottle of red wine and dessert wine for $349.00 and it was worth every cent!! Breakfast was another tantalising experience with cook to order and great variety. The gardens are spectacular and the building is just gorgeous....I'm sure if you were a critic you could see areas of improvement needed in some areas of maintenance both in the garden and the building...ie dirty/cobweb windows in the corridors and gardens in need of weeding - don't judge, it would be an enormous task to maintain and you really just need to enjoy and take in the atmosphere, history and beauty of this amazing property. RELAX, BREATHE AND ENJOY....we loved it!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

Milton Park country house is a beautiful piece of history and a hallmark of quality hospitality in the loveliest place to live in this country.
I have patronized the venue on and off for decades since John Parché ran the hotel.
Through the good doctors, Aman Resorts and recently the excellent stewardship or the Dobler Family.
My wedding night and my son’s christening party.
The connection is long.
Last Friday I took my now adult son, our mutual friend and work colleague to dinner.
But firstly let me lead up. On making the reservation I was held on the line an inordinately long time to determine if our party could be accommodated. Once confirmed, I was put upon for a 50% pre payment ‘due to Covid’...? $88/ 2 course minimum. (Assume $33/$55?)
We arrived and were seated in Hordern’s restaurant. Noting it was only 1/2 full and the larger orangery was not used. Wondering at the reluctance to welcome the booking.
Let me say the food was excellent, as was the service and atmosphere albeit devoid of background music.
I’m not shy of nouveau cuisine. However, this was NC on steroids.
The 10c piece sized arancini ball appetiser on a Tom yum spoon eclipsed my entré in volume.
One scallop sliced carpaccio style, topped with the smallest rock oyster I’ve seen, a dozen caviar eggs and 2 microscopic edible flowers. That’s it. It would have fitted comfortably on a desert spoon. Lovely flavors but missing substance. The point of eating a meal is to be satiated.
Mains for me was a wagu steak with minimal accompaniment (apparently I should have ordered an additional side or two)
Again the flavors were excellent, the sauce was an exceptional French inspired jus, the presentation, service all first rate, It was superb.
If it was more than 100 grams though I’d be surprised. Again not a meal.
For desert the others tried the apple and rhubarb crumble. If you envisaged a substantial desert, think instead on a 10mm high 75mm diameter tart like object.
The reports were excellent in taste. I declined a taste as it would have denied my son 1/2 his desert and opted instead for a glass of botrytis semillon.
The heart of gold was welcome but missing was the option of a Debortli Noble 1 or a more salubrious chateaux Rieussec.
I settled up the C450 bill and guided our Castle Cove bound friend back to Bowral and on.
Needing fuel we went into Bowral and I asked my son if he felt like a pizza at the Imperial. Which we seriously contemplated.
Reflecting in the evening, and trying to understand it from the host’s perspective as I generally do, I can see no reason for the microscopic servings. The majority of cost is static, so the additional scallop or oyster would be far outweighed by the dissatisfaction of the customers and their lack of return business.
That then indicates a desire to reduce business? Odd.
Hope your experience is better.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank rjmking
Reviewed 6 February 2021

The grounds and buildings are beautiful, the rooms and corridors smell old. The junior suite we had needs lots of work, bed old and small , very uncomfortable. Disappointed with our stay for the cost.

1  Thank Bjgibbo
Reviewed 31 January 2021

We stayed in the Tower suite for 4 nights.

Before staying, I felt nervous because having read some of the reviews of this hotel, I was expecting the hotel to be in a poor dilapidated state. I was picturing ripped carpet, crumbling walls and holes in ceilings.

However, as soon as we arrived, the above couldn't be further from the truth based our own experience. The hotel was extremely beautiful. The drawing rooms, restaurant and gardens had an old world grandeur. The spa and gym transported you back to an elegant Roman villa.

The staff were wonderful and attentive. Our room was charming, in good condition and spacious. We would definitely come back again!

Date of stay: January 2021