All reviews guest lounge games room old world charm heated indoor pool charming hotel southern highlands manor house snooker table continental breakfast tennis courts room was large endota spa old style bit dated open fire bed was comfortable stayed for one night
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We've stayed here numerous times over the past years and been very happy. For this visit we were given a gift voucher for two nights accommodation plus 'Meals' by our family as I stayed here with my daughters last year. That was wonderful! This recent experience left husband & me disappointed. Tuesday Night the Restaurant was closed. Not a good idea to stay midweek! We had been looking forward to the previous amazing breakfasts. This time we needed to eat out to meet our needs. Only a Berida Continental Breakfast (although quite good) was available.Love the Bowral area, but uncertain about staying at Berida Hotel ever again. Reception was just OK. King room and Bathroom very cramped. A number of items broken. Only saving grace was a very comfortable and cosy bed. If you like 'vintage' maybe would be OK for some? We'd just come from staying at Holiday apartments in Melbourne for a number of days where service etc.was superb. Sorry cannot recommend this 'Berida Hotel' now to friends. Cannot fault the receptionist when she was available.

Room Tip: Ground floor back rooms past Games room
Reviewed 13 September 2018

After having stayed her years ago when it was Berida Manor, we decided to go back, having heard good things about it. And mostly it was good. I had a very good experience when I called to book, received very warm, friendly greeting on phone, and received confirmation promptly.

On arrival all good, room whilst small (it was king size) was lovely and very comfortable, ditto with bathroom, very small, but had all the necessities.

So only negative was that our room was above the restaurant, which had some kind of noisy sound system that resulted in an annoying "doof doof" sound all evening, until they closed.

What was worse though, was that when I mentioned this on checking out, I expected some kind of apology and a "thanks for letting us know, we'll see this doesn't happen again", but instead I was told "well you could have called the after hours number or come down to the restaurant to let them know". Ok, so that's my fault then? And here I was thinking that the a/h number was for emergencies, and being in my PJs didn't want to have to get dressed and go down to restaurant.

Oh and no "thanks for staying with us" or "have a safe trip home". Nada.

Will make me think long and hard about returning.

Room Tip: Don't choose room no. 2 above restaurant, unless it's closed.
Reviewed 10 September 2018

If you're looking for a quiet almost out of the way hotel then this one is perfect. My wife and I stayed just the one night and it was fabulous. Superb room, very luxurious and comfortable. I would highly recommend. The restaurant Bistro Officina was superb. Great wine list and excellent food served in front of a lovely open fire.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The hotel is lovely and most endearing accommodation located at the heart of Bowral. it's very cleaned, spacious and have complete amenities. Aside from having its own restaurant they have pool and leisure rooms. It is also accessible to supermarket, petrol station and all you need when far away from bustling city. Perfect place to stay when you are attending wedding when you don't want to drive back home and enjoy a memorable night.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely ambience with lots of lovely spaces to relax around the hotel with a book and cuppa. Bistro Officina has a lovely welcoming bar with fire - staff were friendly and the meatballs with house made sourdough bread were amazing!! Heated indoor pool a bonus. Only 10 minute walk from centre of town which is very convenient. The whole hotel is very warm and cosy inside which adds to the comfort level. Loved the interior decoration - so beautiful, different and interesting. The little shop showcasing local wares is a lovely touch. Definitely recommend this Hotel & would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo