Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kateaSydney
Sydney

Basic and trading on name and location.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Sept 2020via mobile
I had a king room with a patio headed straight onto the damn- very pretty outlook. The room is tired, dated, peeling carpet, no bed side lamps, hair in the bath, lumpy bed.
Aside from the hair it was reasonably clean. Trading on the name of the Briars, which they haven’t bothered to fix after a fire 3 years ago.
Friendly check-in staff.
For $280 on a Saturday night I’m sure I could have done better. Only stayed one night and didn’t spend much time in the room so it did the trick of giving me somewhere to lay- and that’s about it.
Date of stay: September 2020
    AU$244
5.3 km from Briars Country Lodge
Restaurant
View more hotels in Bowral
All reviews moss vale steak cook your own dressing area small lake southern highlands lovely outlook large room mini bar king bed ducks pond motel accommodation grounds bistro sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Fine. A pretty dam with a fountain in it and lovely grounds. Big king size bed. Comfy and quiet. Happy to have stayed here on a one night break from Sydney during COVID. We came especially to try the restaurant Paste which was great!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andy Q
Reviewed 21 August 2020

I needed one night's accommodation in the Southern Highlands on a recent business trip. Usually I can stay with a relative in their retirement village but that is not possible under COVID-19 restrictions. My wife and I had often stayed at Briars Country Lodge in the past but not since the adjacent restaurant (In different ownership) has been closed after a kitchen fire. I booked a room with breakfast by phone and arrived mid-afternoon. I was very impressed with their strict COVID_19 protocols which inspired confidence. My King size room was very well appointed, nice and warm on what was a freezing day. Each room has a private covered patio with table and two chairs overlooking the beautiful park-like grounds, including a lake with fountain, summerhouse and tennis courts. Amenities included TV/Foxtel on a swivel base, sofa, table and chairs, stereo for iPod or iPhone. Breakfast was in the motel's large dining room which also has views over the garden. COVID-19 has meant the end of buffet meals but no need to mourn the loss. The a la carte breakfast was served quickly by very friendly, courteous staff. I had apple juice, fruit with Greek yoghurt, followed by bacon and eggs which were the best I'd had for a long time. Served piping hot on sourdough toast, the scrambled eggs, very tasty bacon, tomato and hash brown were great, washed down by two cups of coffee. There were beautiful birds in the garden including kookaburras, ducks and crimson rosellas. Check-out was by 10.30am which is more generous than many motels. I was told by staff that they were having a Frank Sinatra tribute evening with dinner for up to 50 guests the following weekend - I was very tempted to make a booking but unfortunately wasn't able to get back to the Southern Highlands so soon. I'll certainly stay at Briars the next time I need accommodation in the Bowral Moss Vale area.

Room tip: Every room has a beautiful outlook over the expansive, park-like grounds.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nautilusSydney
Reviewed 20 August 2020

The rooms are comfortable and warm, which is ideal for the cold Southern Highlands climate. A walk around the property was relaxing.
A special thank you to the staff in the restaurant on Wednesday morning. Sadly, I didn't get their names. They were most friendly and a credit to the establishment.
The breakfast portion was huge (a little too much in my humble opinion); you certainly won't leave hungry.

Room tip: The "deluxe" suite doesn't have a view of the lake, but it does command privacy.
Reviewed 15 August 2020

We had a lovely stay at Briars The rooms are big, well setup and with lovely views of the lake and trees. The staff are friendly and helpful The beds comfortable and the bathroom great The rooms are comfortably warmed and clean

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

This lodge just a perfect place to stay for the weekend. We booked last minute and we found a room, clean and comfortable. Beautiful grounds, relaxing... you better book your breakfast if you want to eat there, also located in the middle so you can go from there to other towns.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple