“A place to recover”

Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Bowral
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

This is a small but cosy Cafe at the end of the busy Bong Bong Street. You have not to wait long until you got what you had ordered. The staff is friendly.

1  Thank helmutk39

Reviewed 24 June 2018

For lunch or morning tea this place is one of the best in town. The coffee is very good and the meals are really great. Service is fast and done with a smile and a greeting.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely breakfast this morning at this great coffee shop in Bowral. The best coffee, bacon and eggs I’ve had in a long time. My wife had the French toast which looked amazing on a cool Southern Highlands morning. Have been to this place a couple of times now and the staff are always very friendly. Highly recommended.

Raye A, Owner at Cafe Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Hi Garth,

Thank you for your kind review! Michael and I are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast it’s always lovely seeing you.

Raye

Reviewed 27 May 2018

On Easter Monday my three friends and I had ordered two coffees, tea, hot chocolate and two muffins. Our children had purchased a pie and a lamington from the Gumnut Patisserie next door. As our children had joined us, we were told that our children 7 and 9 year olds could not eat their food with us. The owner advised if the kids did want to eat the food not purchased from their café, we would all have to leave. So that’s exactly what we did, we got our beverages in takeaway cups and left.

How can a business owner be so impolite and discourteous, with this sort of attitude no wonder there were only two people in the café, compared to the Gumnut next door which had people lining up outside. You simply can’t afford to treat your customers like that.

The owners attitude was rude, unaccommodating, arrogant and disgusting. You don’t treat your customers like that or they will go elsewhere just like we did. If your looking for a café that offers below average customer service and average coffee then avoid this café.

3  Thank David C
Raye A, Owner at Cafe Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

David C,
My question to you is, if you purchased food from another establishment why wouldn’t you purchase drinks from them and just stay there?? And save the hassle and confusion of bringing TAKE AWAY food into another establishment to be consumed. Why? You can’t say you want to drink out of crockery when you’re eating out of paper bags so that doesn’t make sense. Perhaps it was because next door was so busy with take away pies etc that they had no spare tables for you to sit at and you wanted to sit at mine. You eating take away food at my table doesn’t pay the rent for my outdoor seating. Nor does it pay for two chefs inside my kitchen nor all the waitstaff to serve, make and wash your utensils. Mate, just stay there next time they make a mean hot chocolate!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Although service was a little slow - food was great.

Eating brekky outside was lovely & the choice of food was very good.

I had corn fritters with mashed avocado & poached eggs with bacon. A latte finished it off.