“Prompt service for a quick lunch ”
Review of Elephant Boy Cafe

Elephant Boy Cafe
Ranked #38 of 98 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elephant Boy Cafe, proudly born in Bowral. Located right in the middle of the Main Street of Bowral, we offer an eclectic though cozy place to enjoy a brilliant coffee, or sit down to breakfast, brunch, or lunch 7 days a week. The business has been sourcing and employing locally for more than 15 years. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 4 June 2023

My husband and I had lunch here on Saturday. We were both very hungry from our drive and were promptly served at our table. Our meals both came out within about 5 minutes of ordering which was great for us. Food was fresh and of good quality. Recommend this cafe for lunch in Bowral. Lovely menu with a wide variety to choose from.

Date of visit: June 2023

Reviewed 31 May 2023

Pleasant staff with a great atmosphere. Well cooked food at a decent price. This is a nice place to have a relaxed breakfast at.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 8 May 2023

I went there for lunch last year with my family and after waiting for 45mins we asked about our meals. There had been a mix-up, and our docket had been thrown out. Food came out, and it all tasted fine. Accidents happen, so I didn't want to let one experience set an opinion, so I went there again this weekend. The girl bringing out our lunch spilt hot curry all over my friend's lap and hand and burnt her! The waitress wasn't apologetic at all. Accidents happen, lots there apparently, but it's still good customer service to acknowledge what you have done. We went to pay, and the waitress was extremely patronising to my friend. The bad customer service on both occasions and the mediocre food are enough for me not to recommend this cafe to anyone. It's unfortunate because it was recommended to me last year by my friend - the friend that had hot curry spilt on her lap.

Date of visit: May 2023
1  Thank 435amityr
Reviewed 2 April 2023 via mobile

We had lunch at this iconic Bowral landmark. Even the locals call it a favourite. Having lunch in a library was a first for me. Very atmospheric & different with all the books & mood lighting. And then the food which was spot on delicious & plentiful. We had smashed avo & bacon/egg bun with side salads. Cost affordable, staff efficient.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 1 January 2023 via mobile

The Elephant Boy Bowral is really quirky with really nice food and coffee. I had Chilli Prawn linguine and my son had the Caesar Salad. Both meals were generous and truly sumptuous. Excellent table service, helpful and efficient staff which was an all together pleasant experience. Locals keep returning so that says it all.

Date of visit: September 2022