“One not to be missed!”
Review of Elephant Boy Cafe - CLOSED

Elephant Boy Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elephant Boy Cafe, proudly born in Bowral. Located right in the middle of the Main Street of Bowral, we offer an eclectic though cozy place to enjoy a brilliant coffee, or sit down to breakfast, brunch, or lunch 7 days a week. The business has been sourcing and employing locally for more than 15 years. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Great, friendly, quick service, lovely ambiance with jazz music in the background, colonial style bookshop cafe, don't miss it if you are in Bowral.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Slow service.
After waiting we were taken to a table that hadn't been cleaned.
Uncomfortable chairs.
After ordering the day special lamb curry we were told it wasn't available.
The chicken curry had gristle.
The steak sandwich was tough and had gristle.
We had to ask twice for table water and it eventually arrived after the meal.
Plus a 10% surcharge for Sunday!
Spend your money elsewhere.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank thedeathofcats
Reviewed 27 April 2016

When I first came to Bowral I ate here all the time. The food is consistently good, and so is the coffee, the atmosphere is like being in old India. Well worth having a feed or coffee here. Also good for meetings.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Arrived here for lunch on Sunday and found ourselves a table after seeing that no one was going to acknowledge our presence let alone allocate a table. It's got a unique little atmosphere selling old books which also lined the walls. We got the list of specials from what look like the only waitress in there, and we were tempted with the curry. But that was about as close we got. After waiting 15mins and trying to wave down the waitress several times, we gave up. She had taken several orders and cleared tables around us, but I think we were forgotten. The place was pretty full but looking around, very few people actually had food on their tables. This place needs more wait staff to address the basics of hospitality.

Date of visit: April 2016
3  Thank WendyC8882015
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Bottom line don't get sucked in by the decor
We did, looked good quite crowded ,menu looked interesting.We sat and waited 45 minutes for a vindaloo and a korma curry when they finally arrived, no flavor each bowl was filled with rice and a handful of meat on top with different sauces.We asked for drinks and were told they were byo,it does not say that anywhere and they serve cold water in used Grolch beer bottles from outside looking in you assume they serve beer Another ploy to suck you in.
After both of us leaving half a bowl of rice each I went to pay the bill $52.00.
The woman in charge took my money never asked how everything was (probably new what the answer would be)
I said "you didn't ask how we enjoyed our lunch) the answer was "oh how was it "
I told her about the curries having no flavor and a handful of meat on top of a bowl two thirds full of rice.I was told that it was more than a handful.I said ok probably a large handful very poor.The reply came "I will let the kitchen know "
I stood for a couple of seconds waiting and then realized she did not mean now
I looked at her said "Have a nice day" a euthanism for you know what
Do yourself a big favor and help your wallet. Dont get sucked in.

Date of visit: April 2016