Hotels.com
Rebecca R
Adelaide, Australia

Not great

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2024
It. Is a beautiful spot but camp rules are not followed adults and kids up screaming and yelling until 12 am the first night, camp kitchen is unacceptable as it is surrounded by a group that have claimed the area , second night kids still screaming at 11pm , the managers need to make the park more enjoyable to others , not just the party clan
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Very expensive considering you can’t use the pool and camp kitchen taken over by a mob
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Official Site
    AU$175
4.0 km from Ballina Beach Nature Resort
View more hotels in Ballina
All reviews great getaway cooking facilities camping cabin park sites campers
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2024

Owners are lovely! Turned up well after hours and was welcomed with a smile and a small hiccup was handled very fast and professionally! We were upgraded to one of their Glamping tents which are really beautiful, clean, air conditioned and so comfortable! Will definitely be taking the kids there for sure.
Deborah

Room tip: Don’t leave your car door or window open too long as there are ants that will crawl inside hahaa
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2023 via mobile

The site was very unkept, was expecting more from a premium pitch, having driven down from Cairns and stayed at quite a few camp sites this is by far the dirtiest and unkept, showers were dirty, basins dirty, toilet paper on floor and dirty, no soap for hands. Very poor

Room tip: I would not be having this site as my first choice again
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2022 via mobile

Pretty great for campers! Free laundry facilities. Great shower blocks and toilets. Considering the park is on tank water. Beautiful beach access and friendly staff. If you sign up for non powered camping the sites are spacious. Enough room for a large set up, vehicle and solar panels.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2022

Fantastic set up - Glamping for the 1st time - I would highly recommend this little piece of paradise. Clean, well set up, did not have supply anything - full cooking facilities inside and BBQ facility on the outside deck. I've been converted from hotel stays only - would do glamping again especially with teenage children as they have the space to make noise and not get complaints.

Room tip: We were there when the ferry was out of action so it added another 30 minutes to our return trip home but still worth the stay.
Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 8 January 2022

We have recently stayed at Ballina Beach Eco Village for 4 nights. I was shocked on arrival at the dingy state of our quarters and immediately wrote an email to the manager. $347 a night I paid. I expected a beautiful pool area, modern cabin with clean amenities and fun experiences for my kids. What we got was a very run down cabin, with the oldest, worn out couch for only 2 where I had specified we are a group of 5, an indoor table that had 3 chairs which was in terrible condition, a smattering of cutlery and plates, and the grossest looking bathroom I have experienced in any accomodation ever, full of mould, falling apart tiles and the toilet was absolutely disgusting, worse than a public toilet. Kids bunks were unmade, sheets just thrown on and were a killer to make. Their doonas were awful!! Huge covers on lumpy, ill fitting doonas, that would not lay flat. Everything was old, old, old. No DVD. TV did not work and when it was "fixed" after complaining again, it was still too glitchy. One roll of loo paper! I gave up on complaining because it was obvious they didn't care. The comparison of their website photos showing beautiful rooms and pools etc and the stark reality of the tired, old cabin we were given was highly upsetting. I complained to the manager, expecting some kind of response. Nothing. I approached him in person since he clearly ignored my email, he said nothing he can do because I booked though booking.com. Sent pics and the complaint to booking.com and they came back with "The manager says the price is fair for this time of year". No. It's not at all. We made the best of our stay but I was super disappointed. Pool cloudy, over chlorinated, full of sand. My kids, husband and I collected a full bag of rubbish from the beach track adjoining the property. Seems no one there cares about the environment despite it being "eco" friendly. Don't waste your precious holiday time and money here.

Date of stay: January 2022