All reviews superior cabin beach access ferry ride dog beach amazing beach camp kitchen great getaway accommodation options powered site open plan great park cooking facilities lovely location short drive great spot dogs camping
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We went for a weekend getaway. Staff were friendly and happy to answer any questions or help with anything needed. We stayed in a cabin which was ok. The only complaint would be the bed. A bit uncomfortable and I ended up sleeping the next night on the bunk bed. The pool was good and clean, great for the kids. Beach was a 5 min walk and no other users except from the park. 4wd permitted on beach too. Richmond river a short drive up the road, good for fishing and kayaking. Would probably go again

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I will investigate further on the bed issue, as they should all have the deep sponge waffle tops on them and be very comfortable. Was it too soft? Perhaps that was the issue. My apologies anyway if this caused you concern. Best wishes, Rikki and the team at the Ballina Beach Village.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

We came down a few days ago to visit some friends that had decided to stay here. Well, we were there for an hour and decided that we needed to stay. So, booked the villa next to our friends and then the fun ensued.

If you travel with your pooch, well this is the spot for you! Whilst our four legged friend had a little stay in his favourite kennel, we will be bringing him in the future. The thing that is astounding is that it is o quiet with so many dogs in one space.

The kids played hard and have come home wiped out. It was a place to disconnect from technology and just have fun. Fishing...check...body boarding in the ocean...check.....swimming in the pool....triple check.

There were activities happening, but we just kind of hunkered in and had quality time together.
The villa was tidy and comfortable. I travel with my own sheets and memory foam bed topper. So, it was nice and comfy. :) The cooking facilities were great and everyone was very respectful. Staff were great in their interactions. Plus, upon check in I was given the sense that they really wanted us to have a great time. Sounds strange for me to mention that, but, I mean really, customer service was awesome.

So thanks crew from the Ballina Beach Village for our spontaneous staycation that will be repeated frequently I suspect!

1  Thank heidimburton
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Hello Heidi, thank you for your lovely review. We are all about families - and your family is just wonderful. Just our 'kinda folk'. Thanks for coming down and staying and we look forward to looking after you in the future. Kindest regards and best wisehs for the New Year. Rikki

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We have a large, well behaved dog which is part of our family. Too many times I have been to Tourist Parks that claim to be "pet friendly" only to find the owners treat you like 2nd class citizens with lots and lots of restrictions. This park is totally the opposite and they actually love pets all year round. So the restrictions they impose are really common sense such as keep your dog on a lead, clean up after it etc. But the pets are allowed inside the cabins and can walk around the park on a lead.

This has been my second visit and on both occasions we have found the park to be as clean or cleaner than most good quality tourist parks we have been to. It was great to have our dog in the cabin with us. The cabin was very clean and well appointed. The facilities were very good and modern.

The beach is nearby and we love to 4WD on the beach.

I will definitely be coming back here again with our dog. Since telling others about it we now have 3 or 4 friends doing the same and joining us with their dogs for a weekend away.

Room tip: There is a beach nearby, but you can drive to Patches Beach and 4WD. The beach is dog friendly.
1  Thank Queenslander1234
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Thank you for staying with us - we really enjoyed your company! Hope you can come back soon. Best wishes for the New Year. Rikki and the team.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I HATE leaving bad reviews for businesses because i have one of my own and think people can be so unnecessarily spiteful. However, I MUST make an exception in this case. Ballina Beach village owners, Ricky and Rob (and staff) are pleasant and amenable enough until you need something from them, or if you need to alter or cancel your booking...even if doing so within a reasonable timeframe.

Due to a death in my family I tried to change my booking to another period in the same week so I could attend the funeral without needing to rush back. No other suitable accommodation was available for the swap and 'Ricky' (the owner) would simply not budge on the change of date fee or allow me to cancel with refund.

So we would not lose the money, I decided to keep our original booking and extend it for one day because we had to travel for the funeral. Only 3 hours after I booked the extra night we found out my family was in real crisis and needed us. So I contacted Ricky to please cancel the extra night and refund us. This was well within 48 hours notice period and, like i said, only 3 hours after the booking was made. I apologised and explained the situation and Ricky was profoundly rude, heartless and brutal.

She agreed to only refund me half what we paid, quoting it as 'their portion' and said the remainder was held by their third party bookings site.I contacted the booking site and they said they only ever charged 2% for bookings. I called her on her blatant lie and she promptly told me not to contact her anymore regarding the matter. Then I got called by the business 4 times over the next 24 hour period to confirm our booking for the night we cancelled?!?!?

Whilst staying in the actual park we were also inundated by the sheer amount of rules, regulations and stipulations of staying there. It was like they were paying us to stay there not the other way around!! Our dog couldn't actually draw breath without the threat of being fined $50 from our security deposit. And we were rudely told off by Rob (other owner) in front of other guests over our dinner because we parked on the unmarked sand next to our accommodation.

Please do yourself a favour and avoid this park. What was an extremely difficult and emotional time for us turned into a complete and unnecessary nightmare.

10  Thank Rebecca D

Hello Rebecca, not only do you have our names wrong, but the facts too. I have been waiting for your review to pop up and no doubt discerning readers will want to know the facts! Your original booking was for over a year ago - and you cancelled and shifted the dates within non-cancellable periods (i.e. just before arrival or after you were due to arrive on four (4) occassions). We have been very, very gracious with you. More than is legally or ethically required of us. So we have cancelled and rebooked you, cancelled and rebooked you cancelled and rebooked you etc. Under our booking terms and conditions, which are clearly stated, we were neither obligated to shift your booking nor refund it. In fact we could not shift your booking as we were fully booked (peak period) - that means that we had 'no vacancies' - all of which I went over with you. I also read through all the reasons for your other last minute cancellations - and they were all great tragedies. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost so many members of your family in the last year - however, our business rules are there for a reason. I don't know who 'Rob' was - obviously one of our employees. But clearly 'Rob' was doing his job (which I must thank him for). We had numerous complaints about you, your behaviour, your dog, your attitude. We are a family park with family values - and we go to great lenths to ensure that the many families who stay with us aren't disrupted or offended in anyway. Rikki

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Great place for families or people from overseas wanting to experience camping outdoors.
You can catch the ferry from Ballina main centre(just pat the giant prawn) it takes 4 minutes to get from one side to the other.and cost $5.50 one way.or you can drive the long way around it will take you approx20 min from Ballina.
beautiful beach.
Great fishing.
4wd area on beach.
Can have a camp fire.
Kiosk /café.
Kids activates.
Friendly staff.
Clean toilet and showers.
Pool area.
Great camp kitchen.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Than you so much for your review - it really gives people a 'picture' for them. On the beach by the river - Rikki and the crew Ballina Beach Village