All reviews superior cabin beach access ferry ride dog beach amazing beach camp kitchen great getaway accommodation options powered site open plan great park cooking facilities lovely location short drive great spot dogs camping
Reviewed 18 January 2016

I HATE leaving bad reviews for businesses because i have one of my own and think people can be so unnecessarily spiteful. However, I MUST make an exception in this case. Ballina Beach village owners, Ricky and Rob (and staff) are pleasant and amenable enough until you need something from them, or if you need to alter or cancel your booking...even if doing so within a reasonable timeframe.

Due to a death in my family I tried to change my booking to another period in the same week so I could attend the funeral without needing to rush back. No other suitable accommodation was available for the swap and 'Ricky' (the owner) would simply not budge on the change of date fee or allow me to cancel with refund.

So we would not lose the money, I decided to keep our original booking and extend it for one day because we had to travel for the funeral. Only 3 hours after I booked the extra night we found out my family was in real crisis and needed us. So I contacted Ricky to please cancel the extra night and refund us. This was well within 48 hours notice period and, like i said, only 3 hours after the booking was made. I apologised and explained the situation and Ricky was profoundly rude, heartless and brutal.

She agreed to only refund me half what we paid, quoting it as 'their portion' and said the remainder was held by their third party bookings site.I contacted the booking site and they said they only ever charged 2% for bookings. I called her on her blatant lie and she promptly told me not to contact her anymore regarding the matter. Then I got called by the business 4 times over the next 24 hour period to confirm our booking for the night we cancelled?!?!?

Whilst staying in the actual park we were also inundated by the sheer amount of rules, regulations and stipulations of staying there. It was like they were paying us to stay there not the other way around!! Our dog couldn't actually draw breath without the threat of being fined $50 from our security deposit. And we were rudely told off by Rob (other owner) in front of other guests over our dinner because we parked on the unmarked sand next to our accommodation.

Please do yourself a favour and avoid this park. What was an extremely difficult and emotional time for us turned into a complete and unnecessary nightmare.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank Rebecca D
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Hello Rebecca, not only do you have our names wrong, but the facts too. I have been waiting for your review to pop up and no doubt discerning readers will want to know the facts! Your original booking was for over a year ago - and you cancelled and shifted the dates within non-cancellable periods (i.e. just before arrival or after you were due to arrive on four (4) occassions). We have been very, very gracious with you. More than is legally or ethically required of us. So we have cancelled and rebooked you, cancelled and rebooked you cancelled and rebooked you etc. Under our booking terms and conditions, which are clearly stated, we were neither obligated to shift your booking nor refund it. In fact we could not shift your booking as we were fully booked (peak period) - that means that we had 'no vacancies' - all of which I went over with you. I also read through all the reasons for your other last minute cancellations - and they were all great tragedies. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost so many members of your family in the last year - however, our business rules are there for a reason. I don't know who 'Rob' was - obviously one of our employees. But clearly 'Rob' was doing his job (which I must thank him for). We had numerous complaints about you, your behaviour, your dog, your attitude. We are a family park with family values - and we go to great lenths to ensure that the many families who stay with us aren't disrupted or offended in anyway. Rikki

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Great place for families or people from overseas wanting to experience camping outdoors.
You can catch the ferry from Ballina main centre(just pat the giant prawn) it takes 4 minutes to get from one side to the other.and cost $5.50 one way.or you can drive the long way around it will take you approx20 min from Ballina.
beautiful beach.
Great fishing.
4wd area on beach.
Can have a camp fire.
Kiosk /café.
Kids activates.
Friendly staff.
Clean toilet and showers.
Pool area.
Great camp kitchen.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Than you so much for your review - it really gives people a 'picture' for them. On the beach by the river - Rikki and the crew Ballina Beach Village

Reviewed 15 January 2016

If your looking for family & dog friendly accomodation this place is good. You must have a car to get to the dog friendly beach as it is a good 10 minute drive from the park. The food available from the cafe is limited but there are options. If it is hot they will close the kitchen. The cabins are basic & the air con units are the in wall type & noisy. Our cabin was advertised as having Austar but it did not have it, when I asked @ reception they were not able to give me any answer on that. Wifi needs to be paid for.

2  Thank TBM4US
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Hi Tb, thank you for your review, but you have a few facts wrong. You booked a budget family cabin which does not come with wifi or flat screen tv, Austar, but does have tv, kitchentte, bathroom, indoor outdoor dining, sleeps up to 6. Possibly the cabin you should have booked which does include Austar and Wifi for free, would be the superior cabin. Our ebrochure, website etc are very clear about what is included in each cabin.
We closed the kitchen last week for 2 hours on one day only. It is was a week day when we had a scorcher and it was closed from 3-5pm only. However we were still serving coffees, snacks and the kiosk was still open. Other than that the kitchen was open from 8am to 8pm that day, as it was every other day. Thank you for your review. Best wishes and kindest regards. Rikki

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

This is a great family park. As relaxing or active as you want. The children's activities are amazing. The activities are a good mix for differant age groups aswell .This is also the first park we have stayed at where dogs are actually welcome not just allowed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 186Carol
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Hello Carol, thank you for your wonderful review. We try very, very hard to make families welcome and that includes wonderful family fun (during school holidays African drumming, fire shows, circus, flying trapeze, live music, kidz klub, magic shows, comedly shows for kids, clowns etc etc) and of course allowing the child with fur to come and have fun too. We look forward to having you and your family back soon. Best wishes from Rikkk and the team at the Ballina Beach Village.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. There were no cabins available so we opted for a tent sight (Unpowered).

It was a pretty decent place. We had a BBQ on our Webber, went to bed at 12am, woke up in the morning, had a shower and left.

The showers are in good condition and the staff were friendly, We didn't try their restaurant food, but upon check-in, I did sneak a peak in their kitchen and saw the chefs making a Napoli type of sauce from scratch, it appeared as though they put effort into their cooking.

I spoke to the owner of the park before getting there, just to confirm a few minor details. She was well spoken with a little hint of class in her tone. Although, she was polite, I'd imagine she's not the type you'd wana go head to head with, should you be dissatisfied with your stay (My Personal Opinion).

My only complaint would be in relation to making a booking over the phone. It sounded like the gentleman I was speaking with was using a headset. The volume it transmitted, needed to be turned right down. At the threat of loosing my hearing, I had to turn my phone's volume down in mid conversation.

Would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tyler0007

Hello Tyler, thank you for your review - I doubt that you spoke to me, or maybe you did, anyway you gave me a good laugh! Yes - you are quite right you wouldn't want to go head-to-head with me if you were doing the wrong thing (rare but it happens), however, if you concerns are genuine then I would do everything in my power to recitfy that and do it graciously. Sorry if either myself or my staff offended you. One of the things that we safe guard is our famiy experience here, so we tend to screen people very carefully and be quite 'straightforward' about our rules and regulations i.e. no wild parties, no noise after 10pm etc etc. So if you were on the receiving end of that I am sorry, but I have to say it pays to be 'straight' with people. As you can see from previous reviews we have zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour. Best wishes and I do hope you stay here again. Rikki and the team from the Ballina Beach Village.