Hotels.com
itzmylife
australia

hidden treasure.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2016
Great place for families or people from overseas wanting to experience camping outdoors.
You can catch the ferry from Ballina main centre(just pat the giant prawn) it takes 4 minutes to get from one side to the other.and cost $5.50 one way.or you can drive the long way around it will take you approx20 min from Ballina.
beautiful beach.
Great fishing.
4wd area on beach.
Can have a camp fire.
Kiosk /café.
Kids activates.
Friendly staff.
Clean toilet and showers.
Pool area.
Great camp kitchen.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Nature Resort, responded to this review
Responded 18 Feb 2016
Than you so much for your review - it really gives people a 'picture' for them. On the beach by the river - Rikki and the crew Ballina Beach Village
1.5 km from Ballina Beach Nature Resort
    AU$128
    AU$145
2.9 km from Ballina Beach Nature Resort
View more hotels in Ballina
All reviews great getaway cooking facilities camping cabin park sites campers
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2016

If your looking for family & dog friendly accomodation this place is good. You must have a car to get to the dog friendly beach as it is a good 10 minute drive from the park. The food available from the cafe is limited but there are options. If it is hot they will close the kitchen. The cabins are basic & the air con units are the in wall type & noisy. Our cabin was advertised as having Austar but it did not have it, when I asked @ reception they were not able to give me any answer on that. Wifi needs to be paid for.

2  Thank TBM4US
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Hi Tb, thank you for your review, but you have a few facts wrong. You booked a budget family cabin which does not come with wifi or flat screen tv, Austar, but does have tv, kitchentte, bathroom, indoor outdoor dining, sleeps up to 6. Possibly the cabin you should have booked which does include Austar and Wifi for free, would be the superior cabin. Our ebrochure, website etc are very clear about what is included in each cabin.
We closed the kitchen last week for 2 hours on one day only. It is was a week day when we had a scorcher and it was closed from 3-5pm only. However we were still serving coffees, snacks and the kiosk was still open. Other than that the kitchen was open from 8am to 8pm that day, as it was every other day. Thank you for your review. Best wishes and kindest regards. Rikki

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

This is a great family park. As relaxing or active as you want. The children's activities are amazing. The activities are a good mix for differant age groups aswell .This is also the first park we have stayed at where dogs are actually welcome not just allowed.

2  Thank 186Carol
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Hello Carol, thank you for your wonderful review. We try very, very hard to make families welcome and that includes wonderful family fun (during school holidays African drumming, fire shows, circus, flying trapeze, live music, kidz klub, magic shows, comedly shows for kids, clowns etc etc) and of course allowing the child with fur to come and have fun too. We look forward to having you and your family back soon. Best wishes from Rikkk and the team at the Ballina Beach Village.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. There were no cabins available so we opted for a tent sight (Unpowered).

It was a pretty decent place. We had a BBQ on our Webber, went to bed at 12am, woke up in the morning, had a shower and left.

The showers are in good condition and the staff were friendly, We didn't try their restaurant food, but upon check-in, I did sneak a peak in their kitchen and saw the chefs making a Napoli type of sauce from scratch, it appeared as though they put effort into their cooking.

I spoke to the owner of the park before getting there, just to confirm a few minor details. She was well spoken with a little hint of class in her tone. Although, she was polite, I'd imagine she's not the type you'd wana go head to head with, should you be dissatisfied with your stay (My Personal Opinion).

My only complaint would be in relation to making a booking over the phone. It sounded like the gentleman I was speaking with was using a headset. The volume it transmitted, needed to be turned right down. At the threat of loosing my hearing, I had to turn my phone's volume down in mid conversation.

Would stay here again.

1  Thank Tyler0007
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Hello Tyler, thank you for your review - I doubt that you spoke to me, or maybe you did, anyway you gave me a good laugh! Yes - you are quite right you wouldn't want to go head-to-head with me if you were doing the wrong thing (rare but it happens), however, if you concerns are genuine then I would do everything in my power to recitfy that and do it graciously. Sorry if either myself or my staff offended you. One of the things that we safe guard is our famiy experience here, so we tend to screen people very carefully and be quite 'straightforward' about our rules and regulations i.e. no wild parties, no noise after 10pm etc etc. So if you were on the receiving end of that I am sorry, but I have to say it pays to be 'straight' with people. As you can see from previous reviews we have zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour. Best wishes and I do hope you stay here again. Rikki and the team from the Ballina Beach Village.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

This caravan park is an excellent place to stay with kids. We had one of the units which is completely separated from the other units so is quite quiet and private. Room was large and would be suitable for a family also.

Lots of open space and only a short walk to to the beach (although the beach is not dog friendly). Only real downside is that the town of Ballina is about a 15 minute drive away via a ferry so getting food if you don't take your own is not convenient.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Phil, thanks for the good review, yes although we are only 4kms to the nearest tavern, Dan Murphys, restaurants, chemists, newsagents and even a huge Bunnings, you need to cross by the ferry that adds 10 mins (5 mins waiting and 5 mins to cross). The dog beach is called Patches Beach and is 10 mins south by car, or there is an exercise track at the village that takes about 25 mins to walk. Hope you come back and stay again. Best wishes, Rikki and the Ballina Beach Village team.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights over Christmas. We are extremely thankfil the staff managed to fit is in a normally a 7 day block out period applies but we were literally passing through moving states. The staff are all very friendly. We had a chalet and it was comfortable in the fact it had everything you needed. The beds themselves... terrible. I also think it is overpriced for what you get.
There is a small playground for the kids (which could use some work) and the pool area is lovely. $5 to wash and $5 to dry is a rip off. The boat across to Ballina is a great novelty and such a time saver.
This park has so much un utilised potential.

Date of stay: December 2015
2  Thank KateB153
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

HI Kate, thank you for taking the time to review our park. Yes we have outstanding staff. I hope you enjoyed the large amount of entertainment that we put on when you stayed with us - as we have our terrific school holiday family festival - fire shows, African drumming, magic shows, kids disco, kids comedy shows, snakes alive display, meditation and yoga - phew. Of course, that is reflected in the price at this time of year as our guests come for family fun festival. You were very, very lucky to pick up a 2 day gap in the bookings. Sorry you felt the cost of the laundromats were high too - but we price them to be the same as other parks, plus we have the added cost of producing all our own water (a precious resource) so it isn't quite the no cost factor of a property in town - hence the extra 20c we put on to cover that. I will investigate which cabin you were in as bascially we have all new beds with toppers - so I am surprised with that. My apologies. I think a good bed is a must so I will look into this further. Safe travelling pleased we could help you. Rikki and the staff.