Lowest prices for your stay
AU$174
Fully refundable before Thu, 30 May
Hotels.com
jebskulker
Sydney, NSW

A pleasant surprise with everything I needed

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jan 2021
I initially chose this place as it was nearby the coach stop where I'd be arriving & departing from, and the price was reasonably low & certainly much lower than Byron Bay. I'm so glad I stayed in Ballina as everything I needed was close by anyway, and it was nowhere near as touristy and crowded as Byron.

My room was great, the bed was very comfortable, the air conditioner was very welcoming, the TV was fine for basic watching. I only used the fridge & kettle for coffee in the kitchen but that's all I needed. I kept a few beverages and water cold in the fridge & that was fine.
The shower and toilet area were acceptable. The shower pressure was good, and the temperature was nice and warm.

There was one lady on staff, I didn't catch her name, but she was so friendly. She helped me check in, and she was even able to help me out with washing my clothes for the day while I was out. She went above and beyond to make me feel at home and I really appreciated it.
If I was ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here, and I would recommend it to anyone else.
Date of stay: December 2020
  • Expedia.com
    AU$175
2.8 km from Ballina Travellers Lodge Motel
View more hotels in Ballina
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

Wonderful service from friendly staff. Really clean well appointed rooms.
I will definitely stay here again.
We booked late on our way going north and decided to break the journey in Ballina. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, even though we arrived at midnight.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Our first stop on the annual Wall to Wall Ride to Canberra. Very efficient & friendly young man on reception. Room was lovely & clean & bed very comfy. One of the brave souls tried out the pool, though too cool for us. Ideally located as we had a function at the Ramada Inn so was within walking distance. Very cold wind blowing off the water at the Ramada so once inside very cosy & a couple of drinks went down well. Went for a wander & came across the local Ship's Inn where we had a feed & joined in with a laugh at local midweek Trivia night. Would of liked to stay longer but tight schedule & needed to check out early next morning for the main ride. Would like to stay again and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Travellers Lodge.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 8 October 2019

We just managed to get into this on a busy holiday weekend. Receptionist was very helpful and polite. We had 2 different room - ours was the one with the library book wallpaper which was a bit weird when you first walk in! All the basics were there, pool was clean, parking on site so an easy trip.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank John O
Reviewed 5 October 2019 via mobile

What a great little place. I would absolutely recommend it for families. Very neat and clean, lovely pool and the room was great. We will definitely be back. I’ve stayed at other places in Ballina that I would not return to.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank leee146
Reviewed 2 September 2019

Room was clean. Layout was interesting and the bathroom was small. They didn't replace the shampoo, nor the milk when it was used, but they did replace the biscuits.

Parking area is a bit small. We had to back out into the street as there wasn't enough room to trun around.

Date of stay: August 2019