“Wonderful atmosphere”

Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Avoca Beach
Price range: USD 9 - USD 35
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Tiki inspired escape A unique venue for locals and those adrift, inspired by the casual elegance of the 1950's. The food is best described as share-fare. A combination of Pacific and Asian cuisine, drinks are mostly rum-based, complex, traditionally punchy rather than sweet. At Mojito Joes, it’s all about living the good life the way the cocktail set did back in the day; having fun, listening to jazz and island music, with a jungle twist, all to the background of the waves crashing on Avoca beach.
Reviewed 3 February 2016

Mojito Joe's is the gem of the central coast. Casual dining at its best with a wonderful atmosphere and lovely staff. We played a game of Scrabble as we ate. Be prepared for the extremely generous servings!

1  Thank Elle R

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Red snapper was delicious and enough for two big eating boys to enjoy. Staff were friendly and attentive. Views are fantastic. A shame there's no awning to allow you to sit outside when it's 30 degrees outside but still very cool. I bet it would be good fun to go there in the evening when it's buzzing

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We were apprehensive about bringing the kids here for a family dinner whilst in Avoca, but those concerns were laid to rest when we got there. The staff were amazing, and were well equipped with coulouring in, video games etc to keep the kids happy.

this allowed the parents to enjoy some great flavors and fantastic cocktails, best of all we were pleasantly surprised with the bill at the end of the night. we will defiantly be back.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

We were so excited to visit this place. The view is amazing, but the food and cocktails are not. We started with a mojito- it didn't even taste like rum. I didn't buy another but my friend kept buying them hoping for a nice one- nope. They had too much sugar in them and you could be taste the alcohol. We have drunken cocktails all over the world (consider myself a well-experienced cocktail drinker and diner) and this was most disappointing. Our entree was the pork belly. It came out saturated in what tasted like Hoi Sin sauce, from a jar, and the skin wasn't even crispy. The meat was dropping in sauce. It was topped with banana (I know you're going for the south packs of taste but this wasn't nice) and pineapple. Next, we got the garlic prawns and they were ok. For our main, we ordered the snapper ($38). When it came out, you could obviously see it had no meat on it and it was covered in pineapple and banana bits. We tried to get some meat off it but it was just deep fried batter. We asked the waiter what had happened and she agreed, it was meatless. A few second later the manager came our and was very confronting and passive aggressive, " what's wrong with the fish girls? No ones complained before". We replied "it doesn't have any meat". The response was "yes it does I'll scrape it off and show you". He took the fish away and a few minutes later he returned, apologised and explained it was overcooked and as result had no meat. We said "sorry we don't want to get anyone in trouble but..". His response was "they're my staff, I'll tell em". At this point, I refused to order another terrible $18 cocktail and waited for the next fish. When it came out, it was big and beautiful. Lovely fish. We appreciated getting a new one. For dessert, we ordered the chocolate tasting plate. It was ok (I guess this isn't Sydney and you can't expect to die for desserts). The plate had some ice cream (didn't tasted homemade), long chocolate wafers and caramel slice (chocolate tasted cheap). I'm a chocoholic and we didn't finish the plate, despite having room to eat. Overall, the experience was disappointing and I won't be returning. The manager was disappointing. He was rude and aggressive. He doesn't seem to take constructive feedback very well. I didn't feel very welcome and when the waiters said the bill was $175 I was even angrier about the whole experience.

6  Thank Kristie H
Reviewed 15 January 2016

My partner and I decided to make a reservation for Mohito Joes on wednesday and my experience could not had been any more smoother/pleasant!

From a simple text to secure our spot, alongside being lucky enough to get the last seat outside looking over the ocean- fair to say we had an amazing evening and received the most friendliest service I've ever had on the Coast. The food, cocktails were on par with the high quality service, as we were treated with short wait times, fresh cocktails, and the food which seems very simillar to tapas style! Plates of food, mains, entre's come out and you're constantly trying different flavours and tastes all around the same time it was an exerperience to remember, so much so I feel obligated to write such a positive review for these guys!

Service with a smile and they will definitely be seeing us again soon, highly reccomended 5 stars!

2  Thank Kieran527