“Brilliant food, service and setting! Highly recommended!!!”
Review of Mojito Joe's

Mojito Joe's
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Avoca Beach
Price range: USD 9 - USD 35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Tiki inspired escape A unique venue for locals and those adrift, inspired by the casual elegance of the 1950's. The food is best described as share-fare. A combination of Pacific and Asian cuisine, drinks are mostly rum-based, complex, traditionally punchy rather than sweet. At Mojito Joes, it’s all about living the good life the way the cocktail set did back in the day; having fun, listening to jazz and island music, with a jungle twist, all to the background of the waves crashing on Avoca beach.
Reviewed 15 January 2016

My partner and I decided to make a reservation for Mohito Joes on wednesday and my experience could not had been any more smoother/pleasant!

From a simple text to secure our spot, alongside being lucky enough to get the last seat outside looking over the ocean- fair to say we had an amazing evening and received the most friendliest service I've ever had on the Coast. The food, cocktails were on par with the high quality service, as we were treated with short wait times, fresh cocktails, and the food which seems very simillar to tapas style! Plates of food, mains, entre's come out and you're constantly trying different flavours and tastes all around the same time it was an exerperience to remember, so much so I feel obligated to write such a positive review for these guys!

Service with a smile and they will definitely be seeing us again soon, highly reccomended 5 stars!

2  Thank Kieran527

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We came for a girls night out a few months back, just the 3 of us. The staff were very accommodating and we enjoyed the different selection of finger food we had. Drinks came a bit slow, but got there, and we enjoyed our night there

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

We arrived around 9:30pm on a Saturday night just to order cocktails. Service when we first arrived was disgusting we were turned away because we were told they were full, however As we walked around outside we notice tables free on the balcony. My partner went back in to question these free tables he waited nearly 10mins before he was acknowledge only to be told again I'll check if we can??? We were then informed the bartender was downstairs busy and if we wanted to still have drinks we would have to wait for him to return. We chose to stay and order as there was nowhere else in avoca at night to have a drink. Once seated the service turned from horriable to pleasant and our drinks were serviced in a timely manner. I myself have worked in the hospitality industry for over 10years and never did I make my customers feel like they were an in convenience. Mojito joe's is extremely lucky they are the only bar in town.

1  Thank Micaela H
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Have been to the restaurant on several occasions - some good and some not so good experiences.
Tried to go in for a drink yesterday but was advised that Mojito's was booked out which was good for the restaurant. However, the attitude of the hostess was very poor which was very disappointing particularly as we had an overseas visitor with us.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Across from the surf club, there is a great view from the balcony over the beach to watch the waves roll in and eat some tapas, spicy seafood or other meals. They also prepare great cocktails on the premises. I loved the Pina Colada, but they are not cheap at $16.00. Some of the staff are lovely, others can be a bit short, but the mains we ate was great, the dessert was a chocolate share plate, huge for two people but very sweet..