“Another great stay at this wonderful accomodation”

Alstonville country cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alstonville
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We recently stayed here for the 5th time while visiting our grandchildren in the area.
it is perfect ,the kids love feeding the animals & running around,the pool is great & well maintained.
The cottages are very clean & well set out for families & the barbeque makes for an easy dinner.
will definitely stay here again next visit.
Thank you Caroline & Duncan for your hospitality.

Room Tip: All cottages are lovely but cottage 1 has a spa bath
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Very relaxing, quiet and comfortable cottage we saw ...friends from the UK stayed there, and very impressed, as were we.....the hosts were friendly, and accommodated our request for a "private" function....well done to all!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Recently did a Xmas in July here for about 10 couples. Perfect venue. Obliging hosts, adequate rooms, excellent pizza oven and communal kitchen area and a wonderful bonfire pit. Happy to recommend Alstonville Cottages.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I just made a $230 mistake.

My family are planning to visit friends in the Lismore area in July.

I looked around and decided that Alstonville Country Cottages was the best option near our friend's house, and booked a cottage last Sunday through booking.com. The booking was for mid-July (two months away). I was pleased with the booking and the location.

I used booking.com because I've used them many times for bookings in Asia and Europe and particularly like the reassurance of zero-cost cancellation up until a given date. Soon, Alstonville Country Cottages emailed asking confirmation on the number of adults and children (I'm not sure why, but they're clearly on the ball with email). Late on Sunday evening, I called our friends to confirm our visit. However, they had news---they were moving house in June, away from Alstonville, and moreover their new house would have plenty of room for us, and wanted us to stay with them. So, first thing the next morning, I cancelled the booking. To my surprise, I was hit with a $230 charge (one night's stay), despite cancelling within 24hrs, and despite it being two months before the visit. I was very surprised because I had not seen the cancellation fee when I made the booking (and was familiar with zero cost-cancellations on booking.com). I don't think this cancellation was skin off the nose of the hotel given it was so far in advance, made on Sunday afternoon and cancelled 7:30am Monday morning.

I emailed Alstonville Country Cottages explaining the situation, but received no reply.

They may be a nice place to stay, but they're not being gracious about this.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Situated in a quite valley overlooking country side and distant ocean views made it a ideal quite location to chill out, yet you are only a few minutes from lovely village of Alstonville and plenty of other quaint places to visit. Cottages are comfortable but are getting close to needing an upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alstonville
10.6 km away
Arabella Garden Inn
#1 of 1 in Wollongbar
13.1 km away
Quality Hotel Ballina Beach Resort

Been to Alstonville country cottages? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Alstonville country cottages

Address: 7 Alstonville Cemetery Rd, Alstonville, New South Wales 2477, Australia
Region: Australia > New South Wales > Alstonville
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alstonville
Price Range: $150 - $205 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Alstonville country cottages 3*
One and two bedroom self contained holiday cottages at Alstonville on the Byron Hinterland.Ocean views from your cottage and walks through the rainforest. Experience a private farmstay. Pets are welcome.Conference and Function Room available onsite ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alstonville country cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alstonville Country Cottages New South Wales