“Great ..highly recommended”

Alstonville country cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alstonville
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Very relaxing, quiet and comfortable cottage we saw ...friends from the UK stayed there, and very impressed, as were we.....the hosts were friendly, and accommodated our request for a "private" function....well done to all!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Recently did a Xmas in July here for about 10 couples. Perfect venue. Obliging hosts, adequate rooms, excellent pizza oven and communal kitchen area and a wonderful bonfire pit. Happy to recommend Alstonville Cottages.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I just made a $230 mistake.

My family are planning to visit friends in the Lismore area in July.

I looked around and decided that Alstonville Country Cottages was the best option near our friend's house, and booked a cottage last Sunday through booking.com. The booking was for mid-July (two months away). I was pleased with the booking and the location.

I used booking.com because I've used them many times for bookings in Asia and Europe and particularly like the reassurance of zero-cost cancellation up until a given date. Soon, Alstonville Country Cottages emailed asking confirmation on the number of adults and children (I'm not sure why, but they're clearly on the ball with email). Late on Sunday evening, I called our friends to confirm our visit. However, they had news---they were moving house in June, away from Alstonville, and moreover their new house would have plenty of room for us, and wanted us to stay with them. So, first thing the next morning, I cancelled the booking. To my surprise, I was hit with a $230 charge (one night's stay), despite cancelling within 24hrs, and despite it being two months before the visit. I was very surprised because I had not seen the cancellation fee when I made the booking (and was familiar with zero cost-cancellations on booking.com). I don't think this cancellation was skin off the nose of the hotel given it was so far in advance, made on Sunday afternoon and cancelled 7:30am Monday morning.

I emailed Alstonville Country Cottages explaining the situation, but received no reply.

They may be a nice place to stay, but they're not being gracious about this.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Situated in a quite valley overlooking country side and distant ocean views made it a ideal quite location to chill out, yet you are only a few minutes from lovely village of Alstonville and plenty of other quaint places to visit. Cottages are comfortable but are getting close to needing an upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Our second trip to Alstonville Country Cottage did not fail to meet our high expectations! This is such a great spot to visit. The Managers are very friendly...as are the animals. The cottages are well kept, clean and fully equipped.

The weekend we visited it was extremely hot, so we spent much time in the lovely large onsite pool. The gardens are always beautiful here and the managers have taken great pride in presenting them so well each time we have visited. I can't fault this property - it is now an easy 1 hour drive from the Gold Coast since the bypass went in and Alstonville is so close to Ballina and Bryon Bay. So many lovely places and beaches to visit in this area. Eltham Pub and Harvast Restaurant are close by and highly recommended. We love this place!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gr8t2travel
Craig and Julie S, Manager at Alstonville country cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thanks so much for staying with us again. It is our best compliment to have guests stay with us on a return visit and to read of your review on tripadvisor rewards us that our efforts of maintaining the cottages and gardens is appreciated. We love the fact that we are so close with just a leisurely country drive to the many fine restaurants, cafes and antiques shops nearby. The Eltham pub has never disappointed our guests with their service and meals, the courtyard and bar is typical of the country atmosphere around these parts. We do hope to see you again, thanks again for the review.

Regards Craig and Julie.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alstonville
10.6 km away
7.8 km away
Tallaringa Views
Tallaringa Views
#1 of 1 in Alstonville

Been to Alstonville country cottages? Share your experiences!