See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Myself and my wife visited Beaufort House and were absolutely blown away by the level of service and the whole experience. Cynthia made us feel like family and all the staff at the house were always happy to have a chat and fill you in on the local gems. This obviously attracts similarly pleasant clientele as we has multiple chats with others staying there and their reflections on the house was also of the highest repute. The bottle of complementary port in our room didn’t go astray and the fact that it was topped up after our room was turned over was just one of the MANY examples that added to the experience. Trust me when I say, take Cynthia’s advice and try the Austrian platter in the restaurant, there was enough to feed another two people after myself and my wife gorged ourselves on this wonderful dish and don’t bother going anywhere else for dinner, because the food here is well priced and to die for! I couldn't speak any more highly of this place and in all honesty, no words can do this place justice, you just have to see it for yourself!

Beaufort House definitely puts Adelong and its surrounds on the map! We will be going back again!

1  Thank jmacleanhorton
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

We would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Beaufort House, Adelong and the Snowy Mountains. Look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Was a perfect relaxing weekend away. Cynthia was absolutely lovely and very accommodating. Highly recommended and will definantely be back!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We have visited the establishment and enjoyed the cafe and wine bar. We had the pleasure of staying. What a beautiful clean establishment. It has a unique charm and is the best accommodation in the area. The property is very clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2012

When I first contacted the house and spoke to Cynthia I knew that we were going to stay at a first class venue. My initial thoughts were correct. Beaufort House was perfect my wife and I arrived following a drive from Thredbo. Cynthia greeted us at the door and showed us around the house. We were staying in the Vienna Suite. My wife loved the room as it was like stepping back in time. Everything had been thought of to make the stay perfect. As it was a Monday the resturant was closed, however this did not stop Cynthia, she arranged for a pizza to be made by her husband and I can tell you it was one of the best pizzas i have had. I cannot say enougth how well run and friendly Beaufort House is and the friendliness of the host Cynthia makes you feel at home . We had travelled from Adelaide stopping at various places and Beaufort House stuck out as a place we would like to re-visit. Thank you and we hope to return again for longer next time.

Room Tip: The vienna Suite is an experience but all the other rooms looked as perfect.
1  Thank Cairoluxor
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Beaufort House for 2 wonderful nights. It is a very pleasant drive from Canberra and a perfect distance for a short break. On arrival you are welcomed like a friend by Cynthia and nothing is too much trouble throughout your stay. The house is full of history and amazing to explore. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with lots of little extras. Continental breakfast is provided and you can help yourself to cereal, juice, plunger coffee, plain toast, raisin toast and local jams and honey. Tables are provided on the balcony for breakfast and can be used at any other time also.
We intended to sample a couple of different restaurants in town but after dining at the Coat of Arms Kaffeehaus restaurant at Beaufort House, we didn't bother. The food prepared by Josh is outstanding and so reasonably priced for the quality. We fully recommend trying one of the platters, amazing!
We both would like to return to Beaufort House in the future. Thank you for the outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple