“Ultimate relaxation”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Palm Cottage

Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Dining area of spacious Reception room with window seat and inglenook
From dining area tiled hallway and stable door leading to patio and garden
Well-equipped breakfast kitchen
Elegant double bedroom
Double bedroom with window seat overlooking front garden
Landing with OS Map of Lizard Peninsula; twin- bedrooms off to left and up three steps to right
Beatrix Potter twin-bedded room - beloved by children
Charming twin-bedded room overlooking garden
Path from patio to well-established garden
Spacious and safe garden for children to play
Rear of double garage and barbecue awaits.........
.............for al fresco dining!
Path from rear drive between hydrangeas and lavender
Spectacular sunset from rear garden; hopefully sunny day tomorrow!
How can you resist a holiday at exquisite Palm Cottage!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cerian201...
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Ultimate relaxation”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Had another fantastic stay at Palm Cottage this August. My husband, not normally someone who favours returning to places, described walking back into Palm Cottage, as like coming back home. I cannot say enough about how well equipped, how beautifully decorated (with so much local art work and pottery) or how well situated this place is. The Prince of Wales pub, just opposite is brilliant and it was so easy to just pop over for fish and chips on arrival. There are fab beaches; Church Cove, Poldhu and Kynance Cove just 20 minutes away by car and at the end of a day out the cottage is a welcoming and peaceful retreat, whether to sit in the garden and watch the sun set or playing cards or one of the games provided in the lounge. There are shops in St. Keverne or Helston to pick up supplies. We had an enjoyable stop off at Roskillys ice cream parlour too one day- their fudge is incredible!! This is such an ideal spot to explore The Lizard from but more than that, It's all the little touches; the kettle filled and warm on arrival with yummy biscuits and milk in the fridge to greet you that make this feel less of a holiday rental and more your very own, Cornish home from home.

31 Aug 2017
Dear Cerian
Thank you so much for taking the time to write another splendid review following your second visit to Palm Cottage.
Tricia and I are delighted that once again you had such an enjoyable time and we are now looking forward to our visit there next week.
Maybe you'll be able to persuade your husband to return to Palm next year!
Kind regards
Mike
Climber70...
“Lovely cottage in good location”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just returned from a lovely week at Palm Cottage. It's bigger than the photos suggest and very cosy and a great central base for our holiday on the Lizard. The pub across the road is delightful and worth a visit.
A couple of things to bear in mind - the cottage has handy parking but the drive is tricky to reverse into, although we managed without incident. And bear in mind thin floors and wall means you can here everything from the living room in the main bedroom. It didn't matter to us though and it wouldn't put me off recommending the cottage to others.

21 Aug 2017
Thank you for your kind comments and am pleased that you had an enjoyable holiday exploring the Lizard Peninsula with its superb coastal footpaths, charming fishing villages and fabulous beaches.
We are fortunate to have off-the-road parking since it is not that prevalent amongst smaller residential properties in the area and although the drive itself is rather narrow most guests find the entrance off the road easy and safe enough to park their car.
It's a 200yr old cob cottage with thick walls and certainly the ceiling in the living room serves as the floorboards in the front bedrooms, hence the coffin hatches, which most visitors consider part of its charm.
PeterG641...
“restful delight”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

we had a great stay from walking in the door to leaving the perfect holiday home with style. Great garden and location although parking a bit tight. good location to explore the Lizard and down to Lands End. the cottage was relaxing and fully equipped.

22 Aug 2017
Thank you very much for your kind comments and am pleased that you had an enjoyable week's holiday at the cottage and were able to enjoy the garden and explore the Lizard Peninsula with its superb coastal walks, delightful fishing villages and splendid beaches and indeed go further west to places like St Michael's Mount, Newlyn, Mousehole, Penzance and Lands End, not to mention the unique and spectacular Minack Theatre.
We are fortunate to off-street parking since most smaller properties in the area don't have this facility and whilst the drive itself is fairly narrow most of our guests find the entrance to it from the road is spacious and safe enough to leave a car.
epiercey2...
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Palm Cottage for my two daughters and I is our 'go to' place whenever we have a holiday”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My love affair with Cornwall began in my childhood when my Parents would take my siblings and I every summer for our holidays. So it was very natural to want to give my own children the same experiences and to build happy memories. I came upon this superb cottage by chance and ever since it is the only place I will go to when I book a holiday. It is absolutely beautiful, every nook and cranny is taken up with some pretty ornament, attractive lampshades, and it is extremely comfortable and spacious. As soon as I step through the front door I can't help but feel both exhilarated and relaxed at the same time. When we return in the evenings from our days out at the beach it is pure bliss to relax in this gorgeous 'home.'
Words cannot do justice to this very sophisticated, clean, and well looked after cottage. If like me you love The Lizard Penisula, an area of outstanding beauty and you are looking for somewhere to stay that is fabulous, then this is the place for you. And the bonus is you can always go back for another holiday, as in my experience the owners appear to spend alot of their own free time there, ( as read in the visitors book ) and clearly have invested alot of time and effort into maintaining this cottage to a very high standard.

Your age range 50-64
13 Aug 2017
Dear Mrs Piercey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and eloquent review about your recent week in Palm Cottage.
You seem to adore the cottage and the peninsula as much as my wife and I so now we understand why you have previously taken so many holidays there and long may this continue!
Thank you once again for your kind and most generous comments.
bedsman20...
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Lovely homely Cornish cottage”
Reviewed 27 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Had a fabulous 2 weeks at Palm cottage. Lovely quirky cottage that is very well equipped and very clean! We enjoyed sitting in the pretty garden in the evenings, and eating at the Prince of Wales pub just across the road from the cottage. Micheal, the owner, contacted us via e-mail with everything we needed to know about keys, the private parking, facilities etc. Any queries we had were dealt with quickly and easily. Spent a lovely afternoon at Minack open air theatre and watched a moving performance of 'Birdsong' by Sebastian Faulkes. We hadn't been to Cornwall for 28years and we were so please to see that not too much has changed. Poldhu Cove, Cadgwith, Church Cove, Helford estuary are all essential places to visit. Coverack is wonderful with a lovely sandy beach at low tide and good water based activities, cafes and a small working harbour. While we were there the dreadful storm devastated Coverack but everyone rallied round and although it will take time I am sure it will recover. Thank you again for such a lovely place to stay.

31 Jul 2017
Thank you very much for your kind comments about Palm Cottage following your recent holiday there.
My wife and I are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and that you were able to visit so many places. We never tire of the beautiful walk along Frenchman's Creek into Helford.
Similarly we always make a trip to the Minack Open Air Theatre whatever the performance since the setting is so unique and spectacular.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing