1,761 results
All reviews golf course brend hotels golf break brend group golf club round of golf sea view main restaurant indoor and outdoor pools pitch and putt lounge bar lovely hotel tennis courts four star hotel wine list deluxe room restaurant staff
Reviewed 5 April 2018

So good once you check in you don't want to leave excellent food terrific service good value for money even better if you're a golfer inclusive use of facilities with hotel room sea view room with balcony stunning located very close to St Austell it is an ideal base to explore Cornwall

Stayed: October 2017
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the beautiful views across St. Austell bay. We are very fortunate with the excellent location of the Hotel, making it a great base for exploring Cornwall.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our 2nd Easter stay at CBH was as enjoyable as the first. We elected to stay in the hotel most of the time, which suited my wife and daughter.

We did take our daughter to Barguse Riding centre which she loved her lesson at. Be aware on specific Sat Nav code when travelling there.

The children's activities at CBH were to our 7yr olds liking and Corinna and Adriana were very caring and attentive with her. Thank you both.

The pool and spa facilities are good and the staff friendly and polite with our daughter in the pool every day. Book ahead for spa treatments as can be very busy.

The Terrace lounge and spa bar are well run. Gabriel and George in particular very attentive and responsive. I would suggest the lounge staff be more aware of the menu options and take part in food tastings to help promote the menus which are great. It would add to the experience and give the staff some more variety in their interactions with guests.

The menus are very good with a wide selection. Breakfast is especially good. Thank you chef for my omelettes. Special thanks to Irina, Lumi and Judit for looking after our daughter in particular at breakfast and dinner.

On tariffs, my input would be to suggest a review of the % reduction for DBB rate guests on non DBB standard dishes however, especially for those staying for 3+ nights. All said plenty of choice and a willingness to be flexible for dietary preferences.

Golf was included in our rate, I played twice and the course was in good condition especially with recent weather.

Evening entertainment good in particular Tom on piano who has an affinity with children and engaging them in his music.

Reception team always responsive and house keeping efficient.

Our rooms with sea facing views comfortable, sometimes a little bit hot even with radiators off. Fan provided.

Barry always welcoming and supportive at the front of the hotel. Parking worked well for us including busier days.

Overall a restful stay, and as our 3rd visit to a Brend hotel in 3 years, service is high hence 5* review. I believe the hotel can raise the bar and shared feedback to the General Manager and his team on this.

Thanks again for looking after us and we hope to return.

All the best.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your glowing review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

It is wonderful to hear from returning guests, in particular that you have enjoyed your stay as much as the last.

I am pleased to hear you were able to make the most out of all the leisure facilities available - from getting out on our Championship Course to enjoying Spa treatments or listening to Tom the pianist. Staying over the Easter weekend means that you are here whilst the Easter Entertainment programme is on. It certainly sounds like you made full use of the the Funzone and entertainment programme, I am sure you would agree there is something for everyone.

Thank you for your excellent feedback with regards to our staff, they will be delighted to hear them. I have passed these comments onto management.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, for your 4th visit to a Brend Hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed for 2 nights on DBB basis, and here is the first niggle - The table d'hote menu had 4 or 5 choices, but if you decided on the a la carte menu then you had to pay a further 65% of the a la carte menu price - extortionate in my view. A similar story at breakfast, which was buffet style except for a few options such as Eggs Benedict which was an extra charge - penny pinching to my mind. All that being said the food was very good.

The restaurant service is friendly, but at times a little rushed, given the menu by one waitress, then 1 minute later asked if we had chosen by another waitress. The restaurant is well staffed with a good atmosphere.

The age range of guests is very varied, the hotel has lots to do for children and over Easter they had a kids club and Easter egg hunt.For adults there is a golf course, a nine hole pitch and putt and a putting green, 2 tennis courts and 2 snooker tables. There is a large outdoor pool which was closed at Easter. The spa has a steam room, sauna, 3 heated beds, a large hot pool, and a medium size swimming pool. There were only 5 beds to lie on and these usually had towels on them. There are lots of sofas in the spacious lounge. Lots of staff on duty and very good service.

We had a sea view room which was clean with lots of space for clothes and a comfortable bed.

We walked to Charlestown along the coastal path in 20 minutes. We also went down to the beach, which is quite gritty.

The doorman was exceptionally friendly and gave us some good advise. It is also nice to be met in the car park and our luggage taken to the room.

Room Tip: Sea view is very good
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank We_Love_Sun_Days

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and made the most out of both the golf and spa and leisure facilities, and our Easter entertainment programme. I am sure you would agree that there is something for everyone to enjoy.

With any dinner inclusive stay, you have the table d'hote menu which is all included within the price of your stay with multiple choices on each course. There are also options on the Taste Brasserie which are included. The a la carte menu is at a supplement, I am sorry to hear you felt this was expensively priced, but delighted to hear you found the food to be very good.

We regularly receive excellent feedback with regards to the high standard of service our staff provide, your kind comments have been passed on to management.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards
Tamsin

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Carlyon Bay Hotel has everything one could wish for.You feel at home from the minute you arrive until you leave. Every member of their staff are professional in all aspects of their work. We did not see a waitress with hair hanging down in their face, always very polite and greet you with a smile.
Our Easter visit unfortunately did not bring much sunshine, but I really don't think the guests were to bothered about the rain as everybody seemed to be having a great time. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Loved the OWLS on Monday, all 5 different types.
Looking forward to our next visit. Thank you one and all at Carlyon Bay Hotel.

Room Tip: Never worry here they are all good
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

It is wonderful to hear you had the perfect stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard of service, your kind comments with regards to our staff have been passed onto management.

We are very fortunate with both our excellent location and leisure facilities that even if the weather is poor there is a wealth of activities to experience. Staying over the Easter holidays means you were able to enjoy our full entertainment programme, this is very popular, I am delighted you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Despite travelling the world I had never been to Devon and Cornwall, so we recently headed down to Cornwall for a long weekend.

Firstly what a lovely place Carlyon Bay is - absolutely beautiful location and we were so fortunate to pick the one weekend in March where there was decent weather.

My wife used the spa and was impressed - it is however very busy and I would recommend if you can you book 2 or 3 weeks in advance. We were at an off-peak time of year and struggled to get a booking.

The bar is very pleasant - and the Cornish cocktails should definitely be tried. We dined in both the restaurants whilst there. I know I am probably being a bit picky here but I thought the burger I ordered in the bistro was a bit below par if i'm honest. I thought it was overcooked and I suffered with indigestion during the night which I attributed to this. Apart from this however we both felt the food was of a very good standard. Breakfast in particular a highlight - well done and never rushed despite a busy weekend.

Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to Cornwall and the Carlyon Bay Hotel. We are very fortunate in our excellent central location in the county.

We often receive excellent feedback with regards to the Spa and treatments, I am glad this was your experience. The Spa is very popular and treatments do get booked in advanced, it is always advisable to speak to the Spa at your earliest convenience. Your comments with regards to your dinner on one of the evenings has been passed onto management, this is not the usual feedback we receive.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.