1,428 results
All reviews garden suite pianist playing junior suite jacuzzi and sauna leisure centre spa facilities patio doors lovely hotel restaurant staff cream tea birthday treat single room four poster bed two night stay nothing is too much trouble an evening meal cooked breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a work visit and was impressed. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and the grounds were beautiful.
I enjoyed my stay here & could also recommend the food in the restaurant. The pork belly was superb

Trip type: Travelled on business
PVHotel, General Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello there, many thanks for your very kind comments from your recent stay here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Happy Christmas, Nick.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took my mother for a cream tea in the elegant relaxed lounge it was quiet and allowed us to talk in comfort on good seating . Friendly staff and complimentary prosecco as it was her 84th birthday. The scones were delicious fresh and warmed altogether exceeded expectations.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello there, many thanks for your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear that your mother had a great birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a wonderful Christmas. Nick

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I visited the hotel after being given a wedding gift of a nights stay with dinner and breakfast included. On arrival we were warmly welcomed by reception then headed down to to spar for a treatment and relaxation, as we had bought a package to enjoy along with our stay.. firstly we found the changing rooms to be very confused more like a maze in a maze, very bay layout. although the treatments were excellent we felt we'd be over charged. We spent £50 each (£100 for the two of us)for a package which included a 25 minute massage each and sandwiches with chips and salad to share. looking at the price list, the massage it would have been £30 each as we already have full use of the leisure club as guests, so the extra £40 spent we received, 1 ham sandwich 1 tuna sandwich a bowl of what I can only discribe a rotting limp lettuce that was undressed and a bowl of chips each ( they were delicious). When in actual fact the extra £40 could have paid for a cooked lunch And a bottle of wine. I did mention this to the staff and we were given a cocktail each by way of compensation, neither were very good served by a bar man that clearly didn't want to be there. The younger lady at the bar was excellent and quickly replaced them for us. The room itself was lovely and very clean and our champagne gift was chilled in the room on arrivel, Lovely. My wife however did struggle the the shower with the taps being on the outside of the cubical I made it very difficult to control the temperature and setting. Infact she skoulded herself. Moving along we head for dinner in the restaurant with a couple of friends joining us.the service by our waitress was excellent and the tables were lovely. There were a couple of slight issues from the kitchen. Although my wife said the sirloin was the best she has ever had she was very disappointed with the accompanying components. The onion rings were great but she received just the one and my friend at he table received two with his steak the mushrooms were inedible (deep-fried and seriously underwhelming and both sauces were like burnt water with cream not pepper and blue cheese, these were both sent back and replaced by the chef. Both my burger and the pork dish at the table were brilliant.. after a great nights sleep in a very comfortable bed we headed down for breakfast, we both ordered a full English which we waited about 35 minutes for . On arrival mine was missing the sausage with a poached egg that was wildly over cooked and looked as if the boys had played football with it in the kitchen, I was extremely shocked how a poached egg could be so wrong, the bacon looked to have been cooked hours earlier kept warm then served it was like leather and chewy, my beans were like a bowl of sauce from the top of the tin and again deep fried flavourless mushrooms. My wife's breakfast was missing the bacon so we asked a waitress for our missing items and a replacement egg. The sausage arrived, Although plenty of flavour it had been deep-fried again and in the process it's skin had come off.
All in all the staff were great the room, grounds and buildings were really lovely but we are big foodies and were disappointed especially by the breakfast the last meal before we left the hotel.. we again mentioned this to a server to be told it was the breakfast chefs day off and it wasn't usually like this.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulJ2682
PVHotel, General Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Paul thank you for your feedback and on the most part that you had an enjoyable stay here with us. I am sorry to hear of some of the issues that you encountered during your stay, I do believe all were rectified as they were brought to our attention. I would love to welcome you back here, if you could please drop me a line personally via nick@penventon.com, kind regards, Nick

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is an exceptional hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and efficient. The seating areas are beautiful and comfy. The rooms are a pretty good size. The restaurant was buzzing and supper and breakfast were both excellent.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello there, many thanks for your very kind comments posted from your recent stay here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, kind regards, Nick

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first trip to Cornwall and was so looking forward to staying at the Penventon. It really is beautifully decorated and has much charm. However, I had a disgusting stain on the duvet. When I raised this issue with reception whilst dealing with the problem, not a word of apology. My second morning I had very tepid water for my shower. Again at reception no apology. The room was far from clean. Clumps of dust hanging off the wall in the bathroom especially by the extraction fan. All stainless steel underneath the sink dirty, as well as on top of mirror’s and some fixtures. Nowhere to put a suitcase in the room. Stained cups at breakfast. The response, people who drink black coffee (me being one of them). It was replaced but no apology. Regrettably I can understand that on occasions things go wrong. But will you all simply apologise! Those few words would have made all the difference and I would have happily recommended The Penventon. Alas, poor customer service will prevent me doing so. You are a 4 star hotel and customer service should be paramount when dealing with complaints. Remember, your standards are part of your 4 star rating with the AA, whom I feel should revisit your standards. The Premier Inn was spotless!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JDWilliams2013

Dear JDWilliams, I am sorry to read of some of the issues you had. I will ensure that the team will learn from your stay as this is very out of the ordinary for us if you were to look over previous guests stay. I am sorry again that we got it that wrong for you and that none of the above apparently was managed promptly and efficiently for you? Please do get in touch via nick@penventon.com so that I can discuss this personally with you. Kind regards, Nick