“Quick lunch stop”

Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nice pub by the sea in Kingsand but not too many options in Kingsand, real fire was burning which helped warm us up a little, lunch was a little rushed as last orders for food was 2:30 and car park ticket about to expire!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Asked how I would like my steak cooked to which I replied "just cooked through and no blood" (I find this easier for any chef to understand how I prefer my steak!). The manageress got in a huff walked off saying "oh I'll just put down medium rare"
It came undercooked with blood.
If you ask a customer how he wants his steak then listen!
The steak was full of grissle and overpriced, The staff awful.
Never again, go to the Halfway House round the corner, much better choice, cheaper and the staff are nice!

4  Thank Jon S
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick drink, wish we had ordered food. Everything coming out of kitchen looked delicious. Very friendly staff. Some outside seating which is great as it overlooks the sandy beach. Will be back!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic dinner for two.

Baked Camembert. Rib eye steak. Bread pudding. All first class.

Partners steak was a little grisly but that was the meat not the cooking. Mine was excellent.

Bitter was good. Nice fire. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We went to the Devonport Inn when we were on holiday in kingsand and we had Moules and it was excellent we will definitely come back next year we love kingsand.It’s a lovely place to stay.