“A fantastic little cafe in stunning surroundings”
Review of Kynance Cove Cafe

Kynance Cove Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Quick Bites in Helston
Reviewed 12 September 2018

This little café is great and in the most beautiful surroundings. It was a warm day so we sat outside to enjoy our food as the views are just too good to miss!
My son had a jacket potato and my daughter had a cheese and tomato sandwich, they were both good meals and of good sized portions, we also bought 3 drinks and 3 ice creams, my partner and I shared a baguette which was again lovely but came with no garnish (salad, coleslaw) so was a little disappointing after seeing my sons jacket potato which came with the garnish and as we were planning on sharing this as a light snack it was just lacking in quantity and presentation.
It is good value for money and the food is lovely.
It does seem to close very early which is a shame, I decided at about 3:45 that I would like an iced coffee but was a little disappointed to find that the café closed at 3:30pm! It would be nice if even if they still closed the kitchen at this time that perhaps they could continue to serve drinks (and maybe ice cream) until maybe 5:30ish, they would certainly still get the business as the cove is always packed with visitors.
We would definitely go again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff can not fault them at all.
£7 for a bagette (no garnish, no nothing) was an absolute joke! Walked from Lizard to Kynance Cove Cafe, only cafe around so they have the monopoly on customers, how can theyjustifying charging customers such ludicrous amounts for a sandwich?

Also, the staff that were handling food, weren't wearing gloves, the kitchen looked far too small for it to handle the amount of customers it had (not in peak times)

This cafe has potential if it stopped robbing it's customers!

2  Thank HelloKirstEH
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

The views were stunning and the cafe was really nice a good selection of food and drink . My wife had a cream tea it comes with two scones so plenty to go around and I had a bacon sandwich that was very good and with whole meal bread and a salad garnish nice and fresh .
The ice cream was great and one customer ordered a large pasty it was huge .
We would recommend this gem to anyone worth the long walk down - use the high tide path from the bottom of the car park not the path by the wall . It’s longer but easier .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to visiting the cove, I had seen many pictures and thought how beautiful it looked . As it’s National Trust I thought it would be well looked after. After taking the 25 minute walk down, it’s no doubt it’s breathtaking but it was so crowded with family’s with buggies towels and people spread out I couldn’t enjoy it too it’s full potential. I knew it would be busy but had no idea it would be like that. I would go again but not during summer holidays. The walk back up was quite strenuous. My daughter has a disability and it would of been nice if there were a ride available back up as there is in Tintagel . Still a view that’s breathtaking so glad I went.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Given they have a captive audience, this cafe could be pretty average. But this isn’t the case. Despite being super busy, the queue and wait times moved quickly. Food was great, lots of choice, including healthy options. Coffee was great too. As for the view, well it can’t be beaten!