“Fantastic rural retreat, an absolute bargain”
other travellers have booked this property
Super King Size bed for couples and parents Double Bed Sofa
Barbecue Area -  Summer before Decking
Morning Mist From Studio
Flora Day Helston 2012- Hal-an-Tow - Why not stay with us this year
Flora Day Helston - Childrens Dance - Wed 8th May 2013, why not stay with us
Flora Day Helston on Boating Lake - we have vacancies for Flora Day this year 8th May
Carriages at The star Porkellis
Tyacks Shaft Engine House, Porkellis
Mylor Harbour at Sunset
Gweek, Nr helston
Inside Cave at Portreath Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
taralclar...
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice size + location, allowed our dog...but very dirty and a little rude.”
Reviewed 10 October 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

Cornwall is amazing in itself, so although a little off the beaten track, with a car this wasn't a problem. Had to let ourselves in as nobody was about, despite agreeing a time. The studio was adequate in most ways...however, it really wasn't to a good standard of cleanliness at all. Pots + pans still full of grease, and dust gathered in every nook possible, including all food storage cupboards. Also, we had a 'power cut' for 2 nights running, so were forced to go to sleep relatively early. Gas canister/cylinder ran out (a source we weren't aware of, and when we mentioned having no heat/hot water owner was quite abrupt/rude about us not having read someone's mind regarding the matter of changing the gas canister). Tried to contact owner regarding such problems via mobile (which she said to do), with no answer. When I asked if she'd got our calls she scoffed and said 'she's too old for these technologies', which was a rude contradiction. Overall I guess good value for money, but still wouldn't choose to stay again without it having a thorough deep clean.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Open fields for our dog to roam.
Liked least: Cleanliness.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
20 Dec 2011
Oh Dear, what can I say to this!
Except I am very sorry. I have to say I am very surprised that the Studio was found to be dirty and dusty, as I am very meticulous about cleaning it which normally I do myself, and neither my husband an I would ever consider us to be rude.

However the only thing I can think of that may account for both the standard of cleaning not being 'up to scratch' and perhaps my distraction and stress being wrongly interpreted as rudeness is my husband was diagnosed with Prostrate cancer in spring last year and spent the summer having treatment for this.

this mean that we were both very stressed and finding it hard to cope and also a few times we had to pay someone else to do the cleaning as my husband was unwell and as I am already disabled and have an ongoing health problem myself and was finding it very hard over last summer.

This is a very small enterprise whereby we only let out The Studio and one Yurt and the majority that come to either are returning visitors that come back year after year.
Letting out the two properties on our smallholding does not give us a living, just a bit of extra money as we both have health problems we have to do what we can to get by, but I assure you we always try our best to give value for money and do it right and especially hygiene etc, even though it is very small.
And this is in fact the first time we have had such negative comments about the Studio.

Perhaps we should have cancelled doing the lettings last year as I was worried that things could go wrong as I was so stressed and my husband having radiotherapy etc, but we did not want to let anyone down especially those who have been year after year.

And I do not think it is co-incidence that we got such a negative comments while we were in the middle of all that as several times we could not manage the cleaning ourselves so had to pay others and my husbands treatment took us away from the property a lot from spring through the summer till autumn as the hospital is some miles away and he had to have some of his treatment in Derriford in Devon, a 2 hours drive away. Also I truly am not good at remembering to switch on and use a mobile phone.

I know this is no excuse and I am not trying to make one. I am just very upset and sorry that anyone staying at our Studio would find this so.

All I can say is my husbands treatment was successful, and we will endeavour for comments liek this ever to be able to be said in the future.
Gemma D
“Fantastic rural retreat, an absolute bargain”
Reviewed 28 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Studio for a week and we had the most fantastic stay. The studio has everything you could possibly need for a couple or young family. The most comfortable bed,living area to relax in front of the tv,ample kitchen facilities if you want to cook and a lovely warm shower in the bathroom. Some fantastic views outside the studio overlooking a UNESCO world heritage site,you're not many miles from Helston to get to some shops but there is a lovely pub just up the road which serves food on some evenings. We couldn't have hoped for a better stay and will be returning.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
buffy6030
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed 25 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

This is the third year we have stayed at The Studio and we have already booked for next year. The location is hidden away in a small village where you can't see or hear a road. The accommodation is all you need for a self catering holiday with added touches like bedding and towels included. The Studio is cosy, spotlessly clean and has everything you could need, plus more. You have your own driveway and patio/BBQ area with gorgeous views. The owners are a lovely couple who are very friendly and helpful, but equally leave you totally alone if you just want peace and quiet. I cannot recommend this little piece of tranquillity highly enough!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Tourists Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing