“Yum!”

Bird in Hand, Hayle
Ranked #2 of 3 Nightlife in Hayle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Former Victorian coach-house, now converted into a popular pub on the outskirts of the town, situated next to Paradise park! Serving Great home cooked Food and brewing ales on the premises. There is a great atmosphere regular bands at the weekends with Sunday Afternoon music outside in the summer. Upstairs there is a full sized Snooker table, Pool table and Dart board.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely, freshly cooked lunch for myself, my husband & 7 year old son. Very tasty, generous portions, friendly staff & clean venue. This was our second visit too!

All reviews
"ale"
"dogs"
"cornwall"

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Called ahead to make sure the pub was showing a lunchtime K.O sporting event. Arrived before the game started and had a few drinks. My son and i both ordered the burg in hand burger. Well it was a beauty. Big tasty burger with cheese and 2 rashers of bacon. Also came with a big wedge of chicken breast . Chips, and a good salad and chilli sauce. To be honest i would highly recommended. Our team also won so it was a good few hours in the Bird in Hand..

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious homemade food. Best roast ever, melt in the mouth roast beef with all the trimmings at a truly fantastic price..... yum yum

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Having read all the reviews I thought we would stop in for a drink having just arrived for a week in Carbis Bay. We had seen all the lovely pictures of people enjoying themselves in a warm welcoming environment so we had great hopes that this pub would become a regular. ..how wrong we were. From the outside it looked fine, nice building although the grounds were a little bare but on stepping inside we should have just turned round and escaped. Not only did the place smell (and not of food) it was a cavernous room with little charm or seating. A single solitary barman made us feel like we were in a scene from deliverance and the three other drinkers looked as miserable as we felt.. We brought our drinks which were ok and sat down. I needed the toilet so off I went....tiles falling off the wall, dirty facilities and again a smell that should not be there at 1pm on a saturday afternoon. We didn't sample the food so can't comment on that, we had intended to but all we wanted to do was get out as quick as we could. A shame, with some love, care, imagination and lots of cleaning I'm sure this could be a nice place but for now it most definately is not and could I give less than a single star I would have.