“Easter holidays visit ”
Review of Paradise Park

Paradise Park
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Hayle
More attraction details
Owner description: Your family will love a day in Paradise ...! This Award-winning wildlife sanctuary with JungleBarn indoor play centre offers so much for all the family, from amazing free flying bird shows, Fun Farm to Penguin photocalls and feed the little parrots.You'll meet colourful birds including many rare and beautiful parrots, flamingos, toucans and red-billed Cornish choughs, plus owls, kookaburras and cranes. With over 140 species and a total of over 650 birds there is a stunning range to see. On top of this there are the animals in the Fan Farm including mini donkeys, pygmy goats, sheep, rabbits and guinea pigs. Then you have red pandas, red squirrels and otters with many species in conservation breeding schemes.Children love the penguins, especially the summer photocall at the end of the talk and feed sessions. During the summer 'Flight of the Rainbows' experience you can buy small pots of nectar to feed the forty plus Lorikeets that come swooping out from there enclosure down onto the awaiting crowd. It's a fantastic experience!The amazing 'Eagles of Paradise' display (summer) gives you the opportunity to see birds like Archie the Bald Eagle and Saffron the Golden Eagle close up as they fly over and around you during these very informative and interesting flying displays.The 'Free Flying Bird Show' (summer) is an opportunity to see and learn about many other species including stunning Macaws as they fly over your head and in-between the crowds. With the large Otter Pool Cafe and the Bird In Hand Pub just opposite the entrance you can be sure of a wide and tasty selection of food and drinks.Paradise Park's 'JungleBarn' indoor play centre is fabulous fun whatever the weather. With giant slides, challenging soft play and a special toddlers' zone with ball fountain you and your kids will want to stay all day. There is a snack bar with daily papers available, balcony overlooking the gardens, plus jungle-themed rooms perfect for birthday parties. Try our new outdoor 'Paradise Island' adventure play area as well.And don't forget their great value 'Return Tickets' if one day is not enough!Keep an eye on the website for the latest discount vouchers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy our visits here (3 so far!) Lots to see, live experiences, informative posters about the animals, lovely play areas inside & out an a nice varied gift shop. The only improvements I would like to see is a more varied Easter Egg Hunt - it was almost identical to last year; and the addition of chips to the cafe menu for picky children!

1  Thank Angh H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great family day"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Kids loved the play barn although it was rather busy because of special offer. The young boy stood there watching wasn’t controlling kids running up the slides either.
Nice walk around looking at all the animals although the penguins stank lol
Nice day out thou

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This was a very enjoyable experience from the noisy parrots to the talking cockatoos to feeding time with the penguins to seeing the pandas so much to see no matter what age you are.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiancé always watch bird videos on the old internet box and so for my birthday we took the day off and decided to come here to see some birds and HELL YEAH DID WE SEE BURDS. This place was twice as big as I expected and it just kept going! The birds were so sweet and friendly, some would fly across their inclosure to come and see us as we stood and looked at them. The Kea they had is now my best friend, he got a leaf from his enclosure and pushed it thru the mesh for me, and so I pushed it back through for him, and he kept passing it back to me! I’ve never ever interacted with birds before and that kea bird was the sweetest most intelligent animal I’ve ever met, makes my dog look really stupid. Lots of the birds were coming to say hi, one cockatoo flew over and actually said ‘hello’, made us laugh. An owl even started hooting to us! The birds here are so lovely, made me really want to get a bird now, I want parrots. They’re so colourful, I’m overwhelmed by parrots love. The only reason I can’t quite give 5 stars is because there were a few enclosures that were a bit bare, and some birds looked a bit cold, it’s still the winter and The birds are tropical right? But what can you do, it’s cold in England. We Had a great day! And the birds were lovely and adorable

See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Paradise Park while on a weekend away, when looking online it looked a lot smaller than it actually is! The array of birds that they have is great, it took us about three hours to get round everything. Loved the fact that there's food to feed the goats/sheep available on entrance for just 50p. Highlights were: the red pandas - obviously well cared for with good enclosures and enrichment in the form of meet and greets with humans (win win!!), the penguins - of which one very friendly one we made best friends with and he wouldn't stop following us around his enclosure ☺️, the cockatoos - who enjoyed shouting at us and we enjoyed egging them on and of course all the farm animals who we fed and got strokes from all of them. Great day out, would highly recommend if you're in the area. Would be even better if you've got kids i suppose, this is just how happy it made two adults!!