This hotel is very special. It is set on the edge of a beautiful golf course and the view from the front windows are stunning (see photos). The receptionist was unfailingly chatty, friendly and helpful as were the housekeeping staff. The room was probably the best we've ever stayed in with definitely the most luxurious and comfortable bed. The restaurant looked nice but we used the bar as the tables and chairs were comfortable, food gorgeous and were massive portions.
The hotel is obviously geared up to large groups of golfers who certainly make themselves heard, especially at breakfast. They are well catered for by the breakfast staff who had the job of getting their evening orders in and bringing them omelettes or anything else they wanted that was not available at the buffet. We could only look on with envy as the breakfast buffet was pretty limited and, for me, very under cooked. One young lady did ask my wife if she would like a poached egg and one asked us for our room number as well as asking if there was just the two of us at a four person table and then pointedly removed the cutlery. There were never any staff around to show us to tables when we came down in the mornings.
I had already mentally written the trip advisor review after the first night and wanted to use words like 'exceptional' and 'perfect' and setting aside breakfast it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the championship golf course, this hotel has an award-winning restaurant, free Wi-Fi and free parking. The charming villages of Tintagel, Port Isaac and Boscastle are 15 minutes' drive away. In the 13th century, Bowood Park was part of the Black Prince's deer park. It is still set amid 230 acres of picturesque hills and woodland. The hotel has modern decor and luxurious fittings throughout. Each room has an en suite bathroom, a TV, and facilities for making tea and coffee. Guests can dine in the hotel's restaurant, which offers British and international dishes, including local seafood. Cornish cream teas and a Sunday carvery are also available. The Bowood Park Golf Club has a course which meets USGA standards and is open all year round. Golf clubs and buggies are available for hire on site. The North Cornwall coast, with its surfing beaches and fishing villages, is 15 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowood Park Hotel And Golf Course
- Bowood Park Hotel Course
- Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club Camelford, Cornwall, UK